Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oooooh Nooooo!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Just cleaned a house , i was doing the last window on a wooden framed door i didn't even put pressure onto the glass and it fell through and smashed inside the house !!!

Oh dear! What's going to happen then? If the glass isn't properly fitted you can't be to blame can you?!

Thats the last thing u want on a friday mate!

What they gunna put in there till the new unit arrives?

And like Ian says if the glass wasnt secure you surely cant be held responsable

Oops! thats one good reason why I don't take on work when wooden frames are flaking and rotten like that. Simples /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sorry for the late replies , right . The customers were not in so i had to drive to B&Q and get some mdf and cut it to size i put screws in to the mdf and on to the frame the outer frame because the wood was rotten. It was nice and secure, i wrote on the back of my leaflet basically saying "very sorry about the window it was an accident waiting to happen, i have secured your property back up, don't pay for this clean because this has happened" i did write this in a bit more detail but just a quick one to tell you lot. What a bugger of a day! Im not replacing the glass as it was not my fault the glass literately just fell through ! When i went to my next job i was really nervous lol

**** Turpin I think is what lgb is thinking :rolleyes:

Now all you need is for the customer to say her money and/or jewlery has gone missing aswell :unsure:

They can say what they want i never stepped foot in to there house all i did was sweep the glass up that i could get too. They haven't rang me or anything, would you lot got back there next month to clean again?

They can say what they want i never stepped foot in to there house all i did was sweep the glass up that i could get too. They haven't rang me or anything' date=' would you lot got back there next month to clean again?[/quote']I would but knock 50p off as one less window to clean now.

Back