Lost a job this morning to karcher window vac

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by seye, Jul 30, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. seye

seye Forum Addict

I'm all for saving a few quid but what I find when this has happened before is that once customers see that there is a wee bit of work involved suddenly the few quid seems like a bargain and you end up with the work back again.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

yeah maybe ya might have to raise the price when ya get the work back :thumbsup:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've mentioned before there a good diy tool for insides but the fad doesn't last very long especially when they try to do awkward exterior windows.

I noticed one old boy was up his ladders using one and looked like he was shiteing himself. Bless him as he could not clean them from the inside :D

4. TolishAPurd

Can we use this thread to take bets on how long until he comes crawling back?:D

People clearly don't understand how much work it is, not to mention it's probably even harder using the karcher- bloody things huge.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Bets..5 to 1 on 3 months:rofl:

6. TolishAPurd

I'll have some of that action! :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

To be honest many say to me they own one but they still get me to do the outsides. It's a pity they cant be bother on the insides as that thing works well in the right hands :D

8. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

I recently had a customer ask me to do just the uppers outside as she had purchased one and was planning on the bottoms her self. I have gone along with it as I'm sure once the weather starts getting shitty she'll revert back to me. we'll see.

9. seye

seye Forum Addict

Fair play to them for having a go but I'LL BE BACK said with leather jacket shades and an Austrian accent.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I wouldn't do just the uppers I would drop them.not worth the grief for the money

Advertisement