Lost My First Customer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Knoxy, Nov 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Well I've been going for 8 months now and last week I had a text from one of my customers saying she no longer requires my service. I was gutted because this is the first to leave, so that day I went out and done some leaflets, since her text I've managed to pick up 3 new customers :)

Advertisement
  2. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

That's not bad going for 8 months.

Always look at the positives, you now have 2 more custies than you did when you had her :)

3. Vince Green

Vince Green Active Member

I've lost two in the past week. One dead and the other moving to Bishops Stortford (which is pretty much like being dead in reality) You lose customers all the time. I can't imagine how you have gone eight months and this is the first.

Just checked George. In 5 1/2 years that I have been using the system my suspended file is 396 names. Some were time wasters, quite a few dead or gone in a home, quite a few moved away. Others were one offs or short term jobs. Others I didn't like them etc. They come and they go.

4. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

That's like 5.5 customers a month :eek:

5. laddergarder

I am probably the same as Vince, I would have well over 1000 customers if I never lost any, but that just isn't realistic. With some people, who mess you about, your never going to make any money of them. Best get rid, your out to make money.

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I agree with others, been going about same time as you mate and I've lost quite a few time wasters and some just couldn't afford to keep it up. I learned early on that it's just part and parcel of the job, you got it right though shrug it off and replace them with even more :)

7. harunh

harunh Legend

ive lost a good few.... but ive replace with customers that are higher priced....

i had 156 customers at 1 point and my round was worth £1120

now i got 148 customers and my round is worth £1130

:eek: lol

Advertisement