Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ive Been Undercut . Lol

WCF

Help Support WCF:

charlie tapper

had a customer text to say they want to cancel as someone has been round and said they would do it cheaper... just out of curiosity i asked how much they charge .

(i charge £8 and said they could have it 4 wkly 0r 8 wkly , they wanted it cleaned every three months i never usually go past 8 weeks but thought sod it i got quite a few around their so said ok i will do it for 12 pound every 3 months as i charge extra over 8 weeks. and obviously it would take more cleaning so wanted more money for extra time spent their. )

any way she said the guy charges £8. i said i charge £8 .. 4 weekly or 8 weekly . she said hes doing it every 3 month for £8 .

i text back saying ill leave him to it then my prices go up after 8 weeks.

basically customer not worth it as will just go cheaper everytime , wait till someone says i will do it for 7 quid

not had them that long . i dont want the work that bad enough to clean a house for 8 quid every 3 months aint worth it .

if customers dont stay with me for someone else saying they will do it cheaper they aint worth having imo.

Depends on area. If a quiet suburb it likely won't be any longer to clean after 3 months plus, busy road is a different story

busy area , still building. every time i go their for regular 4 weekly ones they are always filthy and its like doing a new clean every time on them . so that one for 3 monthly at 8 quid would not be worth it for me . so u can imagine how dirty that one is

Great if you can get that Damo but some window cleaners can struggle to get quality work with so much compatition about.

Many compact local rounds near me have been built and priced so very competitive over the years but those cleaners can still earn a good living at it if they graft.

Put in a min price just before coming on these forums.

Bedfordshire is very affluent

that can happen with 'fresh' customers only - It is almost impossible to get a new customer offering them a better deal - if they have a window cleaner for 3 years +

I know some families (done cleaning / carpet cleaning for them etc) for over 5 years years - they became like kind of friends already - and when I started window cleaning last year I was 101% sure that they will switch to my services - well .. they didn't - as they have a window cleaner for a long time .

so it is not all about the money

I have a max of 12 weeks at same price after that price goes up as classed as one off.

I can understand if its on a busy road tho!

Like you said if there going to ditch you over a few pounds prob not worth having as a custy

had a customer text to say they want to cancel as someone has been round and said they would do it cheaper... just out of curiosity i asked how much they charge .

(i charge £8 and said they could have it 4 wkly 0r 8 wkly , they wanted it cleaned every three months i never usually go past 8 weeks but thought sod it i got quite a few around their so said ok i will do it for 12 pound every 3 months as i charge extra over 8 weeks. and obviously it would take more cleaning so wanted more money for extra time spent their. )

any way she said the guy charges £8. i said i charge £8 .. 4 weekly or 8 weekly . she said hes doing it every 3 month for £8 .

i text back saying ill leave him to it then my prices go up after 8 weeks.

basically customer not worth it as will just go cheaper everytime , wait till someone says i will do it for 7 quid
Your price of £12 is reasonable; do you want customers who are looking to spend less than £4 per month? There new window cleaner is getting £2.67 per month from this customer. These types of customers have zero consideration, you don't need or want them.

Richard

Richard you have hit the nail on the head. Set your hourly rate and work the prices from that. I charge 8.5 down one another guy charges 10. There is probably someone else doing them for 6. There will be always someone doing it cheaper. Good job and being friendly breeds loyal customers. You will lose the odd one but best off using that time cleaning another house. I five phone calls from different people all price hunting, had regular window cleaners but wanted cheaper can't blame them in. I try to price high for these ones because you know they will be hassle

got 4 new customers in 2 days - from google search probably or newspaper

2 monthly and two every other month

I find the eastern Europeans are trying to undercut,luckily round here people see right through them.
well - I am one of them - and I do everything the right way ....

Latest Posts

Back