Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New window cleaner looking for advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Qwerty Cleaning

Hi all I'm a new window cleaner and I'm traditional at the minute while I save for a van and wfp and I'm currently learning to drive, as soon as I've past my test I'm going to hit it hard I'll be canvassing 10 hours a day until I get enough for a van, I've been looking at finance deals for the long term and had this sent through the post with different size vans is this a good deal or does anyone know a better one out there? Thanks a lot [emoji846]

a58f5f4e7821fda95887a5266bb208a2.jpg
a58f5f4e7821fda95887a5266bb208a2.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi all I'm a new window cleaner and I'm traditional at the minute while I save for a van and wfp and I'm currently learning to drive, as soon as I've past my test I'm going to hit it hard I'll be canvassing 10 hours a day until I get enough for a van, I've been looking at finance deals for the long term and had this sent through the post with different size vans is this a good deal or does anyone know a better one out there? Thanks a lot
emoji846.png

You're tradional. How are you getting round your round at the moment? Are you young, have you checked out how much insurance is going to cost for a van? 

I'm 21 and I have s trolly cart I orderd from Amazon which holds my water and my ladders fit on the side with holders I cover about a 3 mile radius, I work full time at the minute too but as soon as I can drive I'm going to go for it and yeah insurance isn't a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Hello bud I'm wfp and I drive a berlingo , It sounds like you are determined and driven guy I personally think you should consider a bigger van and a diy setup il explain why
If you canvass for 10 hours a day you will grow quickly-
I think you will outgrow a berlingo there's honestly not much room for a tank reel poles etc
If you build a DIY it's cheaper, you can sell it easier If window cleaning doesn't work out you know your way around the system so can repair any faults and also you learn to adapt it to your specific needs
It's basically less outgoing while your a young business and your outlay will be high -
An issue I have is I have no room for a pressure washer or gutter vac so add-ons are a real PIA

I'm more than willing to building my own I've been looking into it and I was going to make a backpack one before I got a van but didn't know if it was worth it, what van would you recommend I'm also going to do driveways so would need room for a pressure wassure to if possible thanks for your feedback it really helps

I forgot to say I'm currently a duty manager at screwfix and I'm tired of working none stop for £8 an hour and it's so stressful not worth the money

You could buy alot of useful stuff from screwfix tbf, it depends on your budget really regarding van and equipment, have you done a business plan ? This might be an **** answer but if you work out where you expect to be in say
6 months
12 months
3 to 5 years from now that might help you -
If you can make a back pack and work from your car just to start my personal opinion would be to do that - it will be hard graft but again you will learn what works for you which in turn will save you money in the long run, you will have a rough idea after about a week

btw if you want me to name you a van I'm eyeing up a ford transit connect low roof for next spring for me

I reckon a cheaper option and a good start for you coume be a citreon dispatch- that's a biased opinion based on my experience and situation though

.... just seen your cart - I love it don't worry about where you are today 

Test the water and go for it , the harder it is to get started the easier it becomes to enjoy the success

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my cart it's better than carrying the ladders on my shoulder all day [emoji23] and okay thanks a lot I'll look into it

I have backpack, 6 containers and a pole in the back of my car, make pure at home, cost me £500 including 11l DI. Good way to start wfp whilst you save up for a van & van mount. If you don't have the work finance will cripple you. Oh and the car cost me £300. I know its not the most professional look but my custys don't care. So you could spend £800 all in then Save up for a second hand van, and diy setup. A backpack will always come in handy, even with a van mount

Okay I can get a second hand van for 200 from my cuz to start with but no idea where to start with making my own wfp I'll YouTube it thanks a ton

Okay I can get a second hand van for 200 from my cuz to start with but no idea where to start with making my own wfp I'll YouTube it thanks a ton

hi qwerty,good luck in your new venture,i don't normally reply to posts like these as i'm a grumpy old git but i can see you are determined.window cleaning is more of a lifestyle thing-put a lot into it and you'll get loads out/work as much or as little as you need to.

your first two or three years will be hard work but re-invest as much as you can affford back into the business so you don't have to have finance and you'll be fine

a business plan is a must to keep on track to start with,master one thing before adding on other services

good luck

I think I'm going to try my best to make my own wfp and save for a bigger van after my cousins and then invest in a more professional system thanks for your advice guys it helps a lot, I already have a pressure washer too

[emoji23] most regulars know the codes to be honest in the trade side, just can only be done in store problem is there's a camera on every till [emoji28] when i get closer to leaving maybe [emoji5]

I have backpack, 6 containers and a pole in the back of my car, make pure at home, cost me £500 including 11l DI. Good way to start wfp whilst you save up for a van & van mount. If you don't have the work finance will cripple you. Oh and the car cost me £300. I know its not the most professional look but my custys don't care. So you could spend £800 all in then Save up for a second hand van, and diy setup. A backpack will always come in handy, even with a van mount
Cristy do you go home for more water every day or are you tradding bottoms. Six containers of pure doesn't seem that much.

Back