Lower flow into holding tank??

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Greener, Jan 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

Hi all, please can you help? I have recently brought a used van set up, when I brought it the system was purifying the water at a reading of 9ppm, I have changed all the pre filters, membrains and di resin and am happy to say it is now producing 100% pure :clap: however I have noticed that the flow of water coming from the di vessel into the tank is somewhat slower/less flow than before??? Could this simply be because the new filters etc are now running more efficient than the old filters? Just wandering if this is a common characteristic?

Many thanks Greener :yawn:

Advertisement
  2. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Did you flush your new membranes ...

I find the flow slows in colder weather ....

3. Greener

Hi ya, natty1972;) no I didn't ? I flushed one of the pre filters as instructed on the fitting instructions but not the membranes before fitting?? I did however carrier out a system flush for about two hours before connecting to the di vessel??

4. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Nice one bud .. Might be the colder weather ,,, 000pm. Happy days I've only had mine for two years Makes more pure per hour in the summer months ,,,, not sure why ........

5. Greener

Cheers bud sure tis a bit cold out there lol :eek:

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

You don't flush your membranes before fitting. You flush them for a bit after you fit the new ones into their housings and reassemble the r/o. Chlorine in the water damages membranes; that's why you have a carbon block filter as one of the prefilters - to remove it.

Just carry on as you are now. Water production decreases when the water temperature input drops. There is a big difference in viscosity between water at 20 degrees and water at 5 degrees C. The 'thinner' the water the easier it is to push in through the membrane pores.

The best example is old engine oil. When it's cold its thick but when hot its thinner.

Advertisement