Lowest Paid Window Cleaner In Uk

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Doo, Dec 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

Tomorrow, my work (8shifts left) are sending me to wash 5 massive windows we fitted last week so I'll be cleaning for 7.50 an hour, plus using all my stuff, cheeky gits my work, still I will be free soon

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i wouldnt do them without some incentive, ask them to pay you double time for the duration , after all its your kit

3. laddergarder

yeah they are taking the mick a bit there, I would tell them you can offer it through your business, quote it as a one off, and give them an invoice for it, but if they want you to do it as an employee of theirs, then they can provide all the equipment, and reimburse you for petrol.

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Yeah cheeky effers .

Tell em you will give em a price otherwise they should provide you with the kit .

5. david247

david247 Banned

lol guys im cleaning for 7 quid 9 shops lol 61 a week lol
    im english/british

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

More fool you then lad !!!

People wonder why commercial jobs are starting to pay less and less , well there is the answer .

7. laddergarder

Your not under any obligation to do that for them because they employ you. As it is unlikely part of your job description. Do you, and other staff normally have to clean the windows after installing them. Or have they literally just though, ohh he is leaving to be a window cleaner, in the time being, we will have him do it for us, by the hour?

8. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Well if I was to employ someone I would only pay them about that. Only difference is ill supply the equipment.

9. david247

david247 Banned

well all i can say is a job is a job and if people dont like it they can (edited by admin) my rates my goals and yes i did under cut my self but the time where people charge 16 20 quid a time is over.
    any tom **** and harry can charge 25 pence a window people so long as they get insurance no one will be safe if they under cut every one thats why you ive been told that some doggy windy s are using a dam spray bottle how much is that costing him 1 pence per window ???? just think about it.
    there are no lincence no regulations etc if they was it would be like the SIA and charge people a fortune to get the badge and then the sia member charges at least 20 to 30 ph for door staff

10. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

Surprise surprise I'm in the factory, I pointed out to my boss that I'm on 15 quid an hour minimum on cleaning domestic homes and that I was looking for more cash for doing it, he said I'll just get one of the labourers to do it! Good luck with that spray bottlie and some paper towels that's going to be a top class finish lol

Advertisement