Lyte 3m triple ladders

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by ash brown, Nov 3, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ash brown

ash brown Active Member

http://www.midlandladders.com/produ...534-152.html?gclid=CLCSu_Pz3cECFVDItAod-yEAlw
    Has anyone here got any experience of these ladders, id like a new set so I can do the odd gutter clean job when asked.
    Also my 2.5m triple set are very old and heavy as hell. Does anyone know if these lyte ladders are fine with spikes fitted too.
    Any advice welcome im trying to pick up some pro gutter tools from b and q also but my local outfit said they only stock them in the bigger stores! Do these fit direct to a harris pole?

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i have a set of the lyte triples 3.0 , they are made of heavier construction than the 3.0 doubles of which iv several sets as main ladders. but not so heavy that they are impossible to carry on the shoulder . i use them every week for the 3 storey jobs . if you are 6ft tall you can extend them fully in upright position , just,but if you are 5ft8 you would have to lay them down to do it

id buy the same again if they wore out/ spikes fit on fine

the only downer with lyte ladders i find is that when they come new they have a few sharp edges on the ladders fittings-i spend a good half hour with a needle file removing these

3. ash brown

ash brown Active Member

Cheers boarcity anyone know who have fastest delivery on these

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#4 Smurf, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Yes the progutter tools fit a harris pole or any other pole with an acme thread. Myself I prefer to use an old stripped down wfp as the clamps on the harris type poles are not so good. If wanting to fit a progutter tool on a wfp you will need an acme thread adaptor as they are euro threads so wont fit straight on them.

This is what I use and just swap over the male euro bit to the acme one on a spare plastic angle adaptor

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-reach-around-dual-tool-gooseneck-adaptor.html

This is the ladder set up I use for roofline work i.e gutter & downspout unblocking etc as makes the job so much safer & easier to do when ladders can be used.

tn-IMG_5093.JPG

You will come accross jobs/parts of jobs where ladders are impossible to use so I also use a guttervac on most jobs too where needed. If I can get away with just using a guttervac I will as reduces the risk of a fall. The reason why I used ladders on that one was to clear all the blocked downspouts on that property as was fitted with downspout mesh covers.

That one also had internal gutter brackets so I could not use a progutter tool on a pole even if I wanted too.

tn-IMG_5104.JPG

Mind you handballing all this stinking crud from the gutters would have been very unpleasant to do by hand

tn-IMG_5096.JPG

tn-IMG_5097.JPG

I soon found out when offering a gutter clearing service you will come accross many jobs that need both methods used instead of turning work away that pays very well. :)

5. ash brown

ash brown Active Member

Cheers smurf very informative post I like your set up, wondering now whether I should set up for gutter clearing and leave wfp for the future.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Regarding quick guttering inspections on quotes and guttervac clearing in real time the best camera I've used to date is a gopro hero + silver fitted with a backpac. Will take vids & pics too which comes in very handy as a sales tool. When wanting to see what you are doing in real time the camera connects to either an android or iphone using the gopro app.

Here are some example pics if interested of an awkard job where the only time I used a ladder was to completely unblock one downspout that was blocked in the second bend close to the wall that I could not completely clear using a guttervac on its own.

tn-GOPR0314.JPG tn-GOPR0312.JPG tn-GOPR0308.JPG tn-GOPR0307.JPG tn-GOPR0305.JPG tn-GOPR0313.JPG

Hope this helps?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. TolishAPurd

Good post smurf.:thumbsup:

Quick question, do you or anyone else here know where I can pick up a metal acme thread?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

After clearing the gutters & downspouts on that one I then used my wfp van mount using hot pure water & chems to clean all the plastics & windows excluding the conservatory as was having a new tilled roof fiited soon.

So on that one if I did not have they wfp kit aswell would have only been able to do half the job the customer wanted doing.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks...Why metal?

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#10 Smurf, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    The first property I also cleaned all the guttering & windows too using wfp method.

Here are a few pics to get an idea why I use wfp method instead of by hand.

tn-IMG_5103.JPG

tn-IMG_5114.JPG

tn-IMG_5112.JPG

tn-IMG_5113.JPG

tn-IMG_5106.JPG

tn-IMG_5105.JPG

tn-IMG_5109.JPG

Again that one was cleaned using pure hot water and chems not tap water. I also finished the job off with a free wfp window clean including the conservatory ;)

Advertisement