M.o.t

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by JDMW, Feb 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

ok my car failed the MOT today on front drivers side tyre. apparently on the inside of the tyre it was 1mm worn,, what a joke!! it was new 5 months ago, the rest of the tyre is in great condition. my question is when i go bk to the mot centre will they check all my tyres or the one i failed on??? if this is the case i was going to put it on the rear and switch the tyres over. then next month get all new tyres all over.

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

They should recheck everything but they probably won't bother and just check the tyres again

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

its worn on the inside by just 1mm, i was going to put it on the rear so they couldnt see it. he said once i got the tyre changed pop bk 10 mins before the hr when hes finished his mots and he will gimme a ticket for it. i wanted to buy new tyres all round next month but not sure if id get away with swapping them round.

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Just buy a new tyre lol. You can pick a part worn one up for 20/30 quid

5. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Just put spare tyre on front drivers and borrow a spare unless its a space saver (mind u is a space saver technically legal)

6. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i dont have a spare tyre with my car lol. come to think bout it i aint got a jack lmfao :lol:
    i aint got the cash till next month coz i got insurance going out next week. i was going to get tyres all round but i only have 10 days dont i. i was hoping switching the front to the opposite rear would work lol.

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Don't use the spare then but you must know someone who can lend you a wheel for a few miles family or friends to get you through to next month

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

think the space savers are only good for 30 miles or so,

9. JDMW

JDMW Guru

wont getting there with diff wheels be suss lol

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

thing is all next week im flat out and wont get time to go get my car mot again. i only have tomorrow and sat in theory.

Advertisement