Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some Gutter Vac Questions

Tuffers

Anyone with carbon poles; are they rigid. My alloy poles are heavy and when clamped together at more than 15' they don't seem stable, in fact I'd say they are down right dangerous! I've heard that the carbon aren't much lighter than alloy. Where's the best place to buy carbon poles?

I use an AST 135 degree 51mm pipe that I attach the tool and pole to. I wrapped some duck tape round the pole to try and stop it turning while I'm vaccing. What do you use to keep the rubber nozzle from spinning?

I did a 30' clear this morning and strained me back /emoticons/sad.png

Carbon poles are surely faar lighter than aluminium, at least half. Mine are I think 40mm and fairly light and easy to move around. Did 3hrs of it the other day without a break and I was fine.

With regards to the rigidity I guess it'll depend on the type of carbon used. Mine are pretty bendy, yet straight, depends on how used. If I'm right below they are straight, if I'm over a conservatory at say a 45' angle, then they look a bit like a banana.

Mine too also twist a little as they have no clamps, bit of a nuisance but I would still choose them over clamps, far quicker chopping and changing how many and nothing to get caught.

gutter sucker poles are the cheapest,they are carbon composite & much lighter than the alloy poles.spinaclean sell them

I reckon the most important bits are the end tools. The carbon fibre poles are all going to be similar, give or take an unnoticable amount of a few grams here and there. Choose a set of poles where either you like the end tools that come with them or they are of a compatible size with ones that you do.

Mine are the wider grippamax Gardiner ones, totally ridged, slot together and don't move.

Wouldn't like alu ones cause when the carbon goes to say 45 or even 90 degrees it's still totally manageable (at 6m), even an lb on the end heavier and that would possibly be an accident

The thing I've had problem with is the hose end (not a Gardiner product)

Back