Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best hose reel (and hose) for the money?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jgrayson11

Hello!

Looking to purchase a new hose reel for work. Found cleaningspot website to sell an empty reel (a colleague has one) that's about £85 delivered - holds 100m microbore and is very sturdy and clean, but does leak a little (not sure what gauge his hose is mind...)

I typically run standard 'garden hose', about 30m, through my system and have found it to be particularly hard wearing, having used the same hose now for over 12 months (some italian stuff I bought in panic one day after my prev hose split) and ideally I want to stick with it. 

Any recommendations for high quality, preferably coated reels? Good prices too; don't wana spend window cleaning warehouse money as I find them to be very expensive!

Thank you in advance 

James

I bought mine from screwfix  £29.99 holds about 70m of 8mm hose. It's a wall mounted one so I mounted it to the back door. 

20170629_174757.jpg

Not a whole load of choice, either the petal style reels which are the same from most suppliers just powder coated different colours, powder coating chips off easily, and the reel can spread causing it to bind and be hard to reel in and out.

Claber reels are a bit cheaper and generally fairly tough but not as strong as the petal reels.

Or it's big money on proloc reels or cox. 

Cheers for the info guys, greatly appreciated. Honestly thought the screwfix job looked a little flimsy but you say it's a good worker?

while I'm at it does anyone know where on earth I can order some strong ceiling hooks for my poles in van ceiling??

Cheers for the info guys, greatly appreciated. Honestly thought the screwfix job looked a little flimsy but you say it's a good worker?

while I'm at it does anyone know where on earth I can order some strong ceiling hooks for my poles in van ceiling??
Does the job perfect for me. Its extremely comfortable to reel in because you are not leaning forward you can stand right over the top of it. It also swivels on the bracket which comes in handy. 

Great idea with screwfix reel. The powder coat fell of the bottom my reel within weeks, looks nasty. Cost a fair amount of money as well, should really be more fit for purpose, obviously the folk that make them maybe dont care too much about customer satisfaction.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Pure freedom do the best. Depends how much work you do or staff you have. The double stacks are the best. Use 6mm pipe not 8mm

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Does the job perfect for me. Its extremely comfortable to reel in because you are not leaning forward you can stand right over the top of it. It also swivels on the bracket which comes in handy. 
Might have to rig one up to be honest! Be a good little backup too if you didn't fancy working it as your main reel. Thanks for this, I'll pick one up.

30m isn't going to get you much work done. Your mate reel that's leaking isn't a fault with the reel the O clip will need nipping up more to stop it leaking. 

Complete Hose Reel & Fittings  with 100m of microbore is what you are better off with.
I figure he's using the wrong hose size on the barb within the reel. The oclip is actually a little too pressed in, causing a minimal gap for water to escape (we looked not long ago and have since managed to stop the leak!) but could do with a larger hose, or a smaller barb.
Cheers for the heads up!

Pure freedom do the best. Depends how much work you do or staff you have. The double stacks are the best. Use 6mm pipe not 8mm

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Any links at all for these pure freedoms? Found a few double stacks and they're retailing at £550+, seems steep for two reels sat atop one another? Looks incredibly useful mind.

power up H.D is the best ive ever used would never go back to a winder one to much graft  :1f44d: try not to think about price but qualty of real as it will make u more  money as its faster and u get less tired throu the day so u can use that ganed enegery for more work in sted i think there about £500 u will need 6mm hose tho as it dont take any larger

Last edited by a moderator:
Back