Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Maintaining Watertek Loncin G420 21LPM Pressure Washer & FSC/Lances

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Derekarogers

Hey,

I recently just purchased this pressure washer:

It come with a bottle of engine oil and labelled the engine was shipped with no oil. It is 10W-50

The other compartments I assume it is the pump and gearbox? They seem to have oil in those. I can not find any reference as to what oil to use for these in the manual. Does anyone else have this machine and know what I would top these up with?

Also, does anyone have any other tips on maintaining your tools such as the flat surface cleaners and lances after each job?

I'm sure I read somewhere a while back about someone using vaseline or something after each use but can't remember exactly why or what this was to help with?

I'm terrified to start my machine yet as I think I'm going to break it :ROFLMAO:?

The diagram to start the machine is a little confusing but I've watched some videos on similar machines to figure out the difference between the choke and the fuel lever as the manual seems to point at both and label them both so never knew which was which.

Hey,

I recently just purchased this pressure washer:

It come with a bottle of engine oil and labelled the engine was shipped with no oil. It is 10W-50

The other compartments I assume it is the pump and gearbox? They seem to have oil in those. I can not find any reference as to what oil to use for these in the manual. Does anyone else have this machine and know what I would top these up with?

Also, does anyone have any other tips on maintaining your tools such as the flat surface cleaners and lances after each job?

I'm sure I read somewhere a while back about someone using vaseline or something after each use but can't remember exactly why or what this was to help with?

I'm terrified to start my machine yet as I think I'm going to break it :ROFLMAO:?

The diagram to start the machine is a little confusing but I've watched some videos on similar machines to figure out the difference between the choke and the fuel lever as the manual seems to point at both and label them both so never knew which was which.
Most fsc have a grease nipple on the centre bearing housing a couple of squirts of grease in this will push out any water that's got into the head bearing , as for the correct oil I would speak to who ever sold it to you they should be able to tell you . I tend to spray triggers and hose male and email fittings with WD40 after use . If your pump has a water shut off valve leave it in the open position when not in use this will let water run out of the pump and prevent freezing causing damage during winter months . Bit of WD 40 or similar on any moving parts will help to remove any water and prevent things seizing up .

Best to ask who ever you bought the machine what oil the gearbox and pump uses. You can get a Hour meter £14 from Amazon, that will at least let you know how many hours it's been running so you have an idea when to service it.
As for Flat Surface Cleaner, I think you need to use a grease gun to push some more grease into the grease nipples on the bearings. Again ask seller what grease is required.
I think AW Services had a video on starting a new machine on you tube that might be worth watching.
Overfilling is as bad as underfilling! If you can turn it over after putting oil in with the fuel off. That way you get the oil circulating before it starts, also check the level after you have turned it over a few times.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Most fsc have a grease nipple on the centre bearing housing a couple of squirts of grease in this will push out any water that's got into the head bearing , as for the correct oil I would speak to who ever sold it to you they should be able to tell you . I tend to spray triggers and hose male and email fittings with WD40 after use . If your pump has a water shut off valve leave it in the open position when not in use this will let water run out of the pump and prevent freezing causing damage during winter months . Bit of WD 40 or similar on any moving parts will help to remove any water and prevent things seizing up .
Best to ask who ever you bought the machine what oil the gearbox and pump uses. You can get a Hour meter £14 from Amazon, that will at least let you know how many hours it's been running so you have an idea when to service it.
As for Flat Surface Cleaner, I think you need to use a grease gun to push some more grease into the grease nipples on the bearings. Again ask seller what grease is required.
I think AW Services had a video on starting a new machine on you tube that might be worth watching.
Overfilling is as bad as underfilling! If you can turn it over after putting oil in with the fuel off. That way you get the oil circulating before it starts, also check the level after you have turned it over a few times.
Thank You for your help :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Rutland pumps sell the oil you can buy a service kit from them or get the oil on line they use a high grade racing oil designed for engine's that get really hot

Recently my PW is sweating hydraulic oil. Thought it was coming from a bearing seal but just found out its coming from the eyeglass which is fairly common. Will order another one and maybe try and tighten the one in situ. Glad I found out or would have to enjoy a strip down to replace the seal.

Just found out it was my oil sight glass that was leaking. Tried to tighten it and it came away due to the heat. I have ordered a few replacements from Rutland Pumps, aluminium ones which should last longer.

Back