Make your own Fliq pads?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by stevethewindowcleaner, Oct 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. stevethewindowcleaner

Has anyone thought about making your own Fliq pads?
    I've been using a 14" Excelerator and I find it slightly too big for me as I've been using a 12" squeegee for years now.
    There are 12" Liquidator channels but no 12" Fliq pads as far as I know.
    I've ordered some replacement Fliq clips which I'm hoping to make as 12" pad somehow.

I was thinking that you could have a base part that is in the shape of the Fliq pads but have velcro on it instead of the mop and then a mop strip with velcro on as well.
    Then you can replace it with different types.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

We have made and been using this DIY scrubbing pad holder for many years now, still using the same one as in the video.
    It allows you to change your pads in seconds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I make my own, and there are others who do too. Chris Dawber (Wagga) has made many vids on window cleaning modifications including wash pads (scrubbers), as H-man has too.

Christopher Dawber

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

Well why doesn't any manufactures make a clip on scrubber pad holder similar to the one in the video??
    This way you can use any type of scrubbing pad be it bought one or your own DIY one.
    Changing the scrubbing pads in seconds.

Advertisement