Making A Good Move At A Loss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Jan 19, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Cos its been snowing and i havent worked this week and if it stays like this i wont be working next week either. :( :|

So what ive done is re arrange all my round so i work less days and my work is more compact :) this will mean i only got to work 7 days every 28 days instead of 10 days. Will save me a lot of fuel aswell :) I believe it will save me £60.00 per fuel every month :D :)

I will have to work the week after the next then i will have to miss another week to do the other cleans... cos i got 2x weekly customers so am 1 week working then the next week ill be off then on and off :)

I will be really tight on money for the next few weeks... but it will surely pay off :) and make life easier for me aswell as saving costs in the long term run.

I think any1 who has a round that is all over the place like i did should do the same as me if u can... now is the best time cos in the summer u will be to busy ! so make the most of the snow in some way :p

Theirs loads of ways to make your life easier by just adjusting your round the way u want it :)

Ive saved myself working 3 days.... in them 3 days i could door knock or drop flyers instead and gain a bit of work instead of working in that time

Good in the longterm run :)

So what do u all reckon :p :)

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Save time, lower expenses.. Job done

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Your right there mush

4. shazzy692002

£60 in fuel, thats all i pay for my fuel every month. lol. You must work in a large area. lol.. I do about 10/12 miles a day 4/5/6 days a week. cost £15 a week on fuel roughly.

5. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I think I spend about 60 or 70 pound per month on fuel. I have found that as time goes by,your round condenses and your mileage goes down. When you are first starting out you find yourself travelling all over the place. Its lovely to see it develop.

6. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Wow, i must spend between £60 - £70 every 3 weeks or so

7. shazzy692002

I suppose it depends how big your round is. i have 345 customers over a small ish area

8. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

well and am part time! at the moment. lol

9. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

Amazing what a bit of snow does... makes you slow down and think then come up with great ideas. Well done made me look at mine. Cheers.. window cleaning god

10. harunh

harunh Legend

I got 156 customers , all within 10 miles from my house :)

I just re arranged all my work and im now working 9 days out of 28 days, im taking over 100 pound per day on all days except 1 day :) but all my work is now very compact :) :D

Advertisement