Making the switch

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Jul 31, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Mentioned in a few threads on this forum is the comment that some window cleaners are concerned about making the switch to WFP as their customers wont like it.

As some of you know I was purely a traditional window cleaner until the beginning of the year when I started to make the switch.

At first a fair few customers said 'ooohh... don't like this new fancy system of yours' and would have a little moan.

I got around it by simply saying 'don't pay me, just give it a chance see how it dries and if your happy with the finish pay me double next month if not I will do it traditional for you next time'

Of just over 450 customers there were only 2 I could not convert but those are the types that are always going to be stuck in the mud having bread and lard for lunch as it was 'good enough for granny' types.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have just said to any wary customers give it a go and any problems call me and I'll come back and sort them..guess what..no calls

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

They're scared you'll punch their lights out Davey :rofl:

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

They aren't afraid of Davey punching them, they're scared he'll pass the job to Baorcity! :p

5. cheapncheerful

yes Im more a sneaky wfp er...but sooner or later...YOU GET CAUGHT....

oh its just rained missus honest...a true local shower...:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

As long as it's not a Cheapie golden shower it'll be ok! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. cheapncheerful

have you had the urgent need for a piss as you fill your backpack from your barrels yet daveyboy.? gets me every time...:rofl:

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#8 boarcity, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    been my experience that if you are trad you dont compete with the waterfed mob and vice versa-its totally different markets

its true that the ladders can be gruelling- when you are doing it as a 1 manband especially tough you are risking burnout or a fall if you try to do too much . but i wouldnt like filling and lugging a tank of water around on me todd i like my van zipping along sitting high on its springs
    every method has its pros and cons its good that theres a choice in this job. iv no plans to change over and soon be renewing my ladders getting rid of the biggest sets and getting more of the mid sized . at the mo iv not enough ladders to go round and its allowed a ladder shy attitude to creep in amongst 1 of my workers , this will change soon!

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

what I have got for all my customers is a information pack this works gd tells all customers the ins and outs of WFP
    Everything is covered health & safety , being able to work in rain, all the main aspects what the customer should know
    stops you having to explain yourself to every customer

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

no just go to back of there garden and piss on there flowers

Advertisement