Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making Your Pure Water At Home?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James

If any of you make your pure water at your home how do you transfer it to your van/trolley systems/backpacks etc.

Just interested to know. I need a good efficient method as I'm in the process of setting up my filteration system at my house.

Cheers.

James.

I've got a 350 ltr tank in van. I also have 650ltr tank in shed. I have an ro and di set up which goes into this tank and I then use a submersible pump which sits at the bottom of the tank. I then have some Kanaflex tubing which I believe is 1" to transfer water. It takes approx 6-8 mins to pump water.

I find this works for me. I didn't want a huge tank in my van but I also don't travel far so I'm not worried about coming home for more water. And I have spare water always ready. Just another point. I've raised my static tank off the ground using old fence posts on their side which has enabled me to slide a 4' long greenhouse heater under it. Only 180 watt. My tank, ro & di is then housed in an insulated box made from Kingspan insulation sheets. Easy to cut, approx £15-£20 per sheet. We had -10 and I had no freeze up in fact when I put my hand in the box it was warm!

outside tap, ro hooked up, long length of braided hose at the outlet runs up the extension then across the garage gutter and drops in an ibc, ibc is lifted about a third of the cage and lengths of 2x4 run through the cage and hold it at that height, fill barrels from ibc tap. ro is in a wooden box to keep tds meter dry and prevent photosynthesis, not insulated yet, so is unhooked and put in the garage if it's very cold and not running. ibc has a sheet round it to help prevent photosynthesis, hopefully have a shed up one day

chip any chance you can take a pic of your outside tap set up for me mate please im looking into this as i would like to fill my water kegs at home when i get a trolley system any help mate would be great:)

I've got a 350 ltr tank in van. I also have 650ltr tank in shed. I have an ro and di set up which goes into this tank and I then use a submersible pump which sits at the bottom of the tank. I then have some Kanaflex tubing which I believe is 1" to transfer water. It takes approx 6-8 mins to pump water.

I find this works for me. I didn't want a huge tank in my van but I also don't travel far so I'm not worried about coming home for more water. And I have spare water always ready. Just another point. I've raised my static tank off the ground using old fence posts on their side which has enabled me to slide a 4' long greenhouse heater under it. Only 180 watt. My tank, ro & di is then housed in an insulated box made from Kingspan insulation sheets. Easy to cut, approx £15-£20 per sheet. We had -10 and I had no freeze up in fact when I put my hand in the box it was warm!
Sounds like i wrote that apart from i used celotec lol

I've got a 220L tank at home, with RO/DI - in brick bin cupboard, with a submersible pump.

I then transfer this to 25L drums, and use sack truck to van (cant park outside - but still in sight)

Also fitted an oil filled radiator with a frost-stat so I dont have to worry about freezing.

Auto shut off when full, and turns on to fill when I draw some off.

Automatic back flush

Inline TDS, and two 700ml DI cannisters.

My monthly maintenance takes 5 minutes.

chip any chance you can take a pic of your outside tap set up for me mate please im looking into this as i would like to fill my water kegs at home when i get a trolley system any help mate would be great:)
literally can't do photos at present mate, but will happily describe anything you want to know, can assure you there's nothing complex about it! tap, ro threads onto it, waste pipe down drain, outlet pushed into a 5mm id hose (just pull out if needs to be put inside) which runs along and drops into ibc. ibc lifted far enough up so a barrel will fit under and fill, treated 2x4 ran through the cage holding the tank- i did use a couple of steel bars do it, but as it fills the plastic expands so needs to be as small a gap as possible, also can't raise it too high out of the cage for the same reason.

hope it helps, any q's just ask, but i'll be offline for a few days now.

cheers chip ive seen these pure water filters in tool station,that you clip onto your outside tap passes two filters then out would this work?

i dont want to store pure water i just want to fill up as i need in in my kegs for a trolley.

i'd have thought so, an ro unit should come with a fitted thread cap that will fit on a tap, or at least a thread reducer/expander which i need on mine now, but at my last home i had a tap from wilkos fitted and that was the right size. used to put straight in barrels from ro but is a long affair for me-2 hours, and if you forget it overflows, so would reccomend some sort of storage even a 200 ltr water barrel, unless you're di only in which case it'd be as quick

Now why is everyone using Submersible pumps? I thought these are abit drastic as they are supposed to be for sinking boats right? Why not use a bilge pump? What's the difference?

James.

Bilge pumps are submersible pumps, all it means is that you just drop it in the top of the tank, with one hose coming out - instead of fitting an outlet on the bottom.

Back