Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Confessions of a window cleaner!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

Had my first story to tell from today, and thought it might be good to start a thread for others to share theirs.

So I got an email to clean a first floor flat, said no problem, although I did consider the flats below, but thought I could always give them a sprinkle or something.

Turned up to see the flat bellows windows were some of the worse I had ever seen, so thought stuff it don't worry about them, so I start cleaning and the old chap who lived in the flat popped out for a chat and was impressed with the way I was cleaning etc saying how much better it was than a ladder, but can't afford to get his done (in hindsight I should of just done them, and probably will next time).

Anyway I go round the other side of the building to the back and the flats next door neighbours going to work also on first floor, wants his doing as well! result!

Same deal, the flat bellows windows are filthy, really bad, can't even see through them. So I do the back of the new chaps and pop round the front again and start doing the fronts, old chaps in the window watching, and out pops this, well, I can only describe him as a scrawny druggy looking bloke comes out all aggressive with a staffy on a big chain shouting at me for making his windows dirty, I am guessing at this point he hadn't actually looked out his window at me, so I say £8 mate and I'll do yours, so he starts getting lippy, so I rest my pole against the window take my t shirt off and turn to face him, at this point you could actually see the guy wilt, I am not the biggest man in the world, but I am 6 foot 2 and 21 stone and have been powerlifting for a few years, the guy literally **** himself and legged it back inside lol.

The old boy comes out ******* himself, turns out the guy is supposed to be the local hard man or something and always causing trouble for everyone, he thought it was brilliant /emoticons/smile.png

So, what are some of yours?

er let me think on that ...but cracking story ..../emoticons/biggrin.png..the trouble is ..these days....i cant remember what i did yesterday...

I do a small close and there's a yampy woman who has a hang up about parking. She sticks stickers on car windows, shite on bonnets etc on cars that are what she thinks are parked illegally. She has in the past pulled up and deliberately parked over my hose, got her son to block my van in, assaulted me, attacked neighbours with garden tools, the list is endless. She took a photo of my van while it was parked for all of 5 minutes on double yellow lines yesterday.

Halloween is coming :whistle:

ahh you have met the mad greek opposite me....i wouldnt mind but the notes on the windows of the cars that dare to park outside her house end up on my car as they assume its from me...

some people..in fact...a lot of people have no life ...no reason to live ..so they find one...every area has one...usually behind net curtains...:eek:

well she looks like a witch and doesnt allow parking outside her house...quite funny to watch the net curtains twitch...

i actually ended up cutting her lawn but i canna understand a word she says and just keep saying yes...

and as for her daughter.....the rumor about her running around naked...will its only a rumor...she is very friendly with me...:eek:

one thing i hate is ....neighbours....well ...they all want to chat...and...i aint got time..her next door every time i go out....grrrrrr

yeh maybe i should get banana out and chase em away...one thing tonight..i planted my baskets out with winter bedding...total peace and quiet...nobody wants to chat when its peeing down...so i am sorted now../emoticons/biggrin.png

I do a small close and there's a yampy woman who has a hang up about parking. She sticks stickers on car windows, shite on bonnets etc on cars that are what she thinks are parked illegally. She has in the past pulled up and deliberately parked over my hose, got her son to block my van in, assaulted me, attacked neighbours with garden tools, the list is endless. She took a photo of my van while it was parked for all of 5 minutes on double yellow lines yesterday.
Halloween is coming :whistle:
What the hell?

Really are some freaks about aren't there?

some wind cleaner dirtied my windows up so i got my dog and went to sort him out as i run round here

turned out he was big bloke and when he wasnt scared of me dog or me i kind off shat myself

now i am afraid to leave my flat and everybody round my patch are laughing at me

wonder if i give him money will he go away?

i hate my life i want my mommy

some wind cleaner dirtied my windows up so i got my dog and went to sort him out as i run round hereturned out he was big bloke and when he wasnt scared of me dog or me i kind off shat myself

now i am afraid to leave my flat and everybody round my patch are laughing at me

wonder if i give him money will he go away?

i hate my life i want my mommy
LOL!

Back