Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Buy the elt230 double?!

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
View attachment 7074 Hi all I made the error of going straight in and buying the elt340 from Midlands ladders weighing in at 28.5kg tripple ladder I'm finding them un manageable to use! But worth hanging on to for gutter cleans And never need the 3rd section so took it off. I'm now wandering if It's worth buying an elt 230 as mention in previous threads see attached pic is this a fair price with free postage?

iv been relying on the elt230 over 5 yrs now ,its a beaut!! especially as its small enuf to get down narrow alleyways and can be split to get over a lowish gate,i could go on and on its very well made blah blah blah

i recently bought two x elt230 and it was about 150 quid all in from www.brownsladders.co.uk

Hello tax How many rung ladder all rounder would you suggest for a newbie like me.

Suppose it depended on your round

Boar does ex council estates etc so prob manages ok but For big awkward stuff you need 12 x2 plus option of x3

Thanks tax, suppose it's a case of knowing your round and have the rights ladders for the day, in my case just about to start out I was looking for an all round sort of ladder lol

Den.

10 rung wont reach the gutterline. a lot depends on where you place your ladders . i myself always place them on the sill. many windies instead place below the sill as a matter of course and a few place above the window itself. if youre going to be an "above window" type of lad then a ten rung double wont be long enuff

gives you that bit more in my opinion 11 rung & some ladders mitts
Plus standoff , adjustable levellers , retractable spikes and ankalad stabiliser ! Ha Good luck moving all that - weighs a chuffing ton

Thanks for sharing the photos, completely different to say the least.

Thanks.

Den.

If you clean victorian houses with large sash Windows you can't reach the top sash with ladder on the sill so have to put ladder above window a ten rung double is too small to do that I use a 13 rung double and that's too small for some then it's out with the 16 rung triple

Sorry jimroot not got a link and I can't count either, the 16 rung triple is actually 14 rungs don't know where 16 came from I would have put money on it being 16. Anyway it's big can get to gutter line on three storey no problem it's not rope operated but it is heavy.

No worries @Rosewood , been eyeing up big ladders (bigger than 12x3), anything more than 14 seems rope operated and very heavy, and 14 would be a real stretch to expand and retract safely lone working I imagine

Back