Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's your winters like for work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Legend

Am just about to quit my job and the window cleaning is getting really busy,am I doing the right thing?so confused lol

your gut have to tell you if it right or not, but you are good going if already got customers.

For me i went down the windowcleaning route 5 months ago after being ill for over 6 months then losing my job. Glad i did it, bad days comes by too but good days in this business ways up the few bad.

Yeah it's a great job but my major concern is will customers still want me in the winter

its just the same but more intense as the days get shorter and you struggle to fit it all in..

I think we all come on here more to moan about the weather...:rofl:

theres no let up in the demand in Winter. heres a tip-if anyone comes out saying "ooo no, its raining/snowing/looks like rain ,miss me out this time" turn on your heel, say nothing , and Never Ever not EVER go back.

because that type of fickle customer will continue to let you down, next time itll be "miss me out in March love "

actually that sort never says love

the time spent at that customers house could have been better spent doling out more flyers [that you carry with you at all times,already stashed in a little bag ] ,so go and Do it immediately or door knocking the next street,thats what i do

Last edited:
Whilst Boars is correct do not confuse the wasters with the one that wants to be missed in March cause she is on vacation for a month.

I say always enquire why they want it missed and if a BS excuse follow boars advice to the letter.

In eight years I have only known one winter so harsh it cost me a months work so I can not complain and whilst the cold can e biting in the winter I have always found more days lost in spring and summer due to rain than winters.

In eight years I have only known one winter so harsh it cost me a months work
which one was it ? i can remember being skint , i had 3 weeks at home in January . was it A- 2010

B- 2011 c- 2012 d-2013 e- all of them

2009/2010 was evil. Iced in for three weeks. Minus 17c!!

The following winter was pretty bad too.

Autumn and spring seam to be the worst days for rain. But as soon as it gets cold in the winter it mainly stays dry in the east where I am based.

What always amazed me is when you are trying to get a couple of jobs done before the rain sets in . That's the time someone new spots you and says any chance you could fit me in on your round?

A good joke you can say to someone who says "It will rain now you've cleaned my windows " . Is if you wash your car in the rain as long as you don't take it out it will stay clean .So leave your windows where they are and they will as well.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back