massive hotel to quote

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by simon, Jan 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

cg2.jpg cg3.JPG
    awesome eh !!!! they want all outsides apart from dormers done & dining room & reception done inside as well
    now firm that does it takes 3 men 8 hrs twice a year but the job is proper ****, he wants a quote for x4 a year its only 15 mins away from me so waters not a problem & i'd buy an internal thingy for the insides,
    its ok if i do it over 2 days but realistically is that possible, got a lad who i could bring in to help but this job is so far out of my pricing comfort zone its hurting my head, id love the job but dont want to be losing money on it but no idea what hotels are willing to pay, its part of the strathmore chain any ideas please its in the north so £1000 a day is out

Advertisement
  2. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

nice hotel,how much would you be happy with?
    do you have the equipment to make this job go smoothly?, ie a large enough water tank poles to reach the higher windows?
    for me i'd be erring around the £1000 mark should be three days work for one man once you get the hang of it
    whats the payment terms on this? 60,90 days or 30 from date of invoice

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

£12 and unlimited cups of tea!

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Seriously I would agree with Kev, £900 - £1000 allowing 3 days on your own with iPod so you aren't screwed if you mate lets you down and also if there is any quality of work issue you know it's only you to blame

5. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

I'd be tempted to try and push for a day rate on that one. otherwise, I think most of the lads will agree that give a half way accurate stab at a price it would be useful to have some more pictures of all sides of the building if possible.

6. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

pay me enough and i could call up and give you a day or two,it looks big and indeed it is a big building but break it down into say four chunks leaving the outbuildings and kitchen area etc as a seperate bit
    and it won't be too big a job and it gives you a target to hit everyday invest in the right kinda kit and that job would be a breeze

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Go onto their website and see how much they charge on average per room per person for a night and then on average the cost of a meal for two in their swanky restaurant and then once you put your eyeballs back in your head charge for 2 nights accommodation with food, you will come out a winner I reckon!

Stunning location, get a decent photographer to come and shoot promo pics for your website and brochures

8. CHWS

CHWS Guru

How did you end up getting asked for this? Have you to beat the existing firms price or what?

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Wow, that is some place! My first thought is whether you'd get your hose to all parts of the building. Obviously you'd have to move your van a few times but even still would you still reach all of it? Are those towers 5 storeys high? You'll need an Extreme 47 or similar costing the best part of a grand. Have you got time to do it, cars parked, people walking around, very dirty windows.... Could be a ball ache.

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#10 spruce, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    I agree here. I would be cautious about being asked to quote for the job simon. But that's me.
    I've been asked to quote on several large commercial properties over the years and what they were after was a written quote to renegotiate their contract with their existing window cleaners who they had no intention of canceling.

I would have asked what I was up against with regard to price. They will either refuse to divulge it or they will give you a stupid price. Don't be taken in with their talk.
    If you have to go out and especially buy equipment you need to this particular job, then be even more wary. They could change their minds and you could end up doing the job once and that's it. You will be left with a pole for example that you won't use again, selling it on at a greatly reduced price.

I hope I'm wrong TBH, but always tread with caution.

As far as pricing is concerned, as has been already stated, break it up into sections and price it according to what you think it will take time wise. If the previous/current cleaners are taking 24 hours to do a substandard job then you have probably got to consider it will take you much longer, especially when you don't know the job. Consider that old painted wooden sash windows can be a real time consumer to get right, so I would consider that you might have to do each window in sections to allow for them to dry/stop dripping before you clean the pane underneath.

Tuffers has also made a few valid comments with regard to the health and safety aspect. They will expect a detailed method statement and risk assessment. Your insurance will probably have to be upgraded as well if it does cover items worked on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
Advertisement