Mastic gun

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Smurf, Nov 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I had to get a mastic gun today as my old one had gone rusty. I thought oh look a plastic and metal one that should be good. Nope it broke as soon as I used it so I took it back and changed it for the same type again. That one also broke as soon as I used it FFS. Why do diy stores sell shite? :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Right smurf, you've helped me out with many purchases since I got here, so allow me to do the same with you.

This is the Cox caulk gun. There are many like it, but this is mine:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/p-c-cox-easiflow-gun/79714

It lasts forever, never breaks down, costs pennies, and best of all its British made. Its the only one I would ever buy now (but mine still havent broke).:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Thanks but that was the one that went rusty. Mind you I did leave it outside for about 3 years. Oops!:laugh:

I would have gone to screwfix this morning but the best way to get to it they only have closed the rail bridge off so the traffic would have been a nightmare. Instead I headed towards my job and picked one up quick on the way as you do. All I needed it for was to block a small hole up to stop bees going into the top bay window roof void again next year. The things you do for customers... mind you I stung her on the exterior clean :D

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

:laugh::laugh::wow:cox do make good stuff as I got it working again:D

tn-IMG_0307.JPG

Just don't tell the wife I done that on her kitchen worktop :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Funny, I needed a gun today and couldn't find mine - same as above too!

Anyway… bought a cheap metal one and used it - the gun bent! I kid you not, I was wondering why was nothing coming out. As I looked closer the body was bending away as I pulled the trigger. What junk!

6. cheapncheerful

yep i gave mine away to my dad as i have two....er...but wheres the other one.....i dont think i will buy a cheap one after reading these posts...reminds me of a certain car foot pump i had.....i carried on using it for ages but it was a bit er...bent..bloody chinese...but...i think they are getting better...slowly...

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Seems alot of diy stores are buying in cheap china **** that are not fit for the job.

8. TolishAPurd

Fck diy stores. I always shop in trade stores like B&Q tradepoint, ridgeons, screwfix, wickes etc. If something is ****, the shop gets a load of angry builders whinging, so they make sure the stuff they sell is up to the task.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Wicks gorilla type tubs are still shite though :laugh:

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Screwfix always sells good stuff

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List