Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my new diy trolley

Yep that's the same as my trolley. Mine is mounted above the barrel. It's ok on smooth grass, not so good on rough terrain or gravel, but can still get the job done /emoticons/smile.png

Nice job Davey /emoticons/smile.png

This is mine:

09a13e3fa7c565470f549e5ba0c70a5f.jpg

2612fd47b4c3d5bedc9238ff8e4c09d9.jpg

I had argos in my head when thinking of trollies and was sure it was you where i saw it

I had argos in my head when thinking of trollies and was sure it was you where i saw it
Yeah, it was the folding trolley with the highest load weight I could find at the time. It hadn't let me down yet. I just added a couple of pics to my last post /emoticons/smile.png

looks Good Dave , not seen a pump in that postion before but I am sure it will be ok
Was speaking to the guy i get my water from who also supplies and fits systems and he said it doesn't matter which way the pump is

The only advantage of mounting it the normal way is if the connections leak slightly the pumps electrics don't get wet

Was speaking to the guy i get my water from who also supplies and fits systems and he said it doesn't matter which way the pump isThe only advantage of mounting it the normal way is if the connections leak slightly the pumps electrics don't get wet
My pump is on it's side too

ce55491d568db6d03f37f4caa2aab30c.jpg

Seems to work fine.

Nice trolley too becky, mine is mounted at the back, but its unstable, and falls over at least once a day when a container runs out. It wont stand up on its own without the water container balancing it

Mine will balance no problem unless you take the barrell off quick which is when it will tip

If you hold it while removing the drum it will stay upright even with the footplate folded up

Once the water runs out mine is prone to falling over, doesnt everytime, but if the hose is fully extended and pulling a bit it will fall, god knows how its still working, ive had to reattach the wires on a weekly basis

Mine has never fallen over, so maybe above the barrel is the ideal spot to mount it for that particular trolley /emoticons/smile.png

Only knocked mine over twice

I sussed it out..it it the ratchet strap catching on the barrell as i lift it that pulls it over..just loosen the strap more and it's fine

Very professional looking trolley Daveyboy... Or should I say Mr. Trolley /emoticons/biggrin.png

I leave mine in the back of the van now with 2 barrels & 150 metres of hose. Gets round all the houses. Got fed up lifting in & out. Bloody heavey when full.

Back