Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bargain cleaner for sills.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TolishAPurd

Check this out; http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254503500

I usually work on the principle that if it doesnt come off with a hard wipe from the soapy microfibre, then it stays unless they pay for UPVC restoration. But I am planning to go the extra mile and restore some of the downstairs sills on my round, I bought a bottle today. I tried it out on my sills and they have come up really nice, with not a lot of work, but he main thing that attracts me....30 ****in' p!

It seems a little milder then Cif, but haven't used it enough to see which is best yet. Can't be a bad thing though, since it still gets the job done, but probably not as bad for your clothes or hands. It doesn't seem to stick to everything the way Cif does, so it wipes off nice and easy. :thumbsup:

Does it remove the grey at the edges of the sills
Thats what I bought it for mate, and yes it does.:thumbsup: It leaves the plastic very shiney and white if you wipe it with a dry cloth. I can't wait to use it on my round.

I'm pre mixing a spray bottle of Ubik as per daveyboys suggestion too since I have loads of the stuff and hardly ever use it, apparently this is good for the grey too.

Thats what I bought it for mate, and yes it does.:thumbsup: It leave the plastic very shiney and white if you wipe it with a dry cloth. I can't wait to use it on my round.
I'm pre mixing a spray bottle of Ubik as per daveyboys suggestion too since I have loads of the stuff and hardly ever use it, apparently this is good for the grey too.
Spot on

I should of just spent the 30p and tried myself but I am a tight sod lol

And I am wanting to get some ubik with it having good reviews on here /emoticons/smile.png

seems a little expensive for me. (i'm really tight).

Joking aside that sounds really good. I might even let you clean my frames. Just down the road from you.

Spot onI should of just spent the 30p and tried myself but I am a tight sod lol

And I am wanting to get some ubik with it having good reviews on here /emoticons/smile.png
At 30p its gotta be worth a shot. lol

seems a little expensive for me. (i'm really tight).
Joking aside that sounds really good. I might even let you clean my frames. Just down the road from you.
Where are you then Barney?

Yeh that near Ely. I've been offered work in cambridge, but to be honest it's a nightmare travelling in the city, so I tend to turn it down. I go as far as Milton.

Yeh that near Ely. I've been offered work in cambridge, but to be honest it's a nightmare travelling in the city, so I tend to turn it down. I go as far as Milton.
You're right there, its a pain in the **** travelling around Cambridge. I've got my round quite well organised so that I'm on the outskirts towards the end of each day. I took a bit of work ely way last year, and seem to get a lot of requests from there, but tend to turn it down now. I'll keep you in mind if I ever get asked again.

Does it remove the grey at the edges of the sills
It does if you do a strong mix..about 40% ubik or stronger

I spray on then scrub with a microfibre or old towel and it starts shifting quite easily

Just remember to wash it off as it can stain yellow if left to dry out

I spray..scrub..wash over with wet cloth..job done

I will be in tesco tomorrow so will pick some up and see how well it works for 30p

I use siroflex sx trade strength cream cleaner normally which is bloody good stuff so will be interesting to see the comparison

Check this out; http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254503500
I usually work on the principle that if it doesnt come off with a hard wipe from the soapy microfibre, then it stays unless they pay for UPVC restoration. But I am planning to go the extra mile and restore some of the downstairs sills on my round, I bought a bottle today. I tried it out on my sills and they have come up really nice, with not a lot of work, but he main thing that attracts me....30 ****in' p!

It seems a little milder then Cif, but haven't used it enough to see which is best yet. Can't be a bad thing though, since it still gets the job done, but probably not as bad for your clothes or hands. It doesn't seem to stick to everything the way Cif does, so it wipes off nice and easy. :thumbsup:

I will be in tesco tomorrow so will pick some up and see how well it works for 30pI use siroflex sx trade strength cream cleaner normally which is bloody good stuff so will be interesting to see the comparison
I've got the siroflex glass cleaner which I keep in the van. Good stuff for the price. I forgot to take the bloody creamcleaner out with me today, but I'm going to give it a full run tomorrow. Not sure how it compares to other stuff but if I was doing a proper pvc rest job then I would probably go with stronger products to maximise the effect. But for its quick wipe on/wipe off ability I reckon its going to be a winner for what I want it for.

Funny isn't it that you get a dislike for trying cheaper stuff .like the 30p tesco cleaner and the flash magic pads even though there expensive for what they are it does what it says on the tin
Don't take it to heart mate, people press the wrong button all the time.

I tried it out today on a house before I got rained off. Brought themupniceand shiney. I'm just doing it on the long standing customers. For the time and money invested I think it'll be good for customer retention.....which is ironic since I got dumped for the first time by a customer today. lol

Latest Posts

Back