Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Blocked Drain Also Downpipe

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Was called out to do a large posh house as the guttering was overflowing onto a conservatory making the inside wall damp, Took 5 mins to sort out as the chap had put a gutter ballon in the downspout whilst there was scaffoling erected when having some roof work done.

Anyway was asked to check & clear if needed the rest of the guttering and downspouts on the house so I did. On one at the front of the house I found the drain had blocked also the full height of the downpipe so sticking a hosepipe down the downspout I soon found out what the problem was.

1. the drain was blocked - used rods & just a hosepipe to clear the blockage

2. the downpipe was blocked - took the ground floor gutter bend off the main house downspout so could lift the downpipe up a bit from the drain filter and clered it by hand

Took 10 mins to unblock both and one happy customer to boot. :Image10:

View attachment 4042

View attachment 4043

View attachment 4044

View attachment 2327

View attachment 2328

View attachment 2329

Had to clear a friends drain out after a cowboy builder had filled it with tile adhesive, pulled out a bucket load plus two teaspoons, screwdriver and pointer trowel.

I've come across quite a few in the past but normally any issues below ground I would not touch.

That one was quite simple to have a go at so I was pleased that I had saved the customer some money rather than him spending a fortune on getting a drain clearing company out.

Back