Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger Hydropower Di WFP Kit

I don't normally stray into this side of the site but I need a cheap bit of pure water equipment to clean the odd window, but mainly for glass conny roof's. Seen this kit by Unger (HydroPower Di12 or Di24) below, is it any good? Or is there something better at under £500. Looks great as it connects straight to the outside tap so no need for a water tank in the van which would suit conny cleaning. Any positive thoughts would be welcome.:rolleyes:

http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=374&SectionID=55

I take it you know your local tap water tds ppm already then to be wanting just to go di only?

It may be a clique but you get what you pay for! This pole doesn't look very good quality and the brush will be quite heavy unlike the lightweight gardiner brushes for example.

If you are just looking to do a small amount of wfp cleaning then maybe this will be OK for you but I would do some more homework first and think about the long term as you may decide to do more wfp cleaning in the future.

If that is the case then you may find that something like Jimmyboots van DIY mount below would be a better choice.

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/my-diy-van-mount-build-thread-with-pics-part-1.11790/

I'm around 50 ppm according to my local water supplier so hopefully Di is the right choice. :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:?

I take it you know your local tap water tds ppm already then to be wanting just to go di only?

Sounds like di only should be fine then you lucky devil /emoticons/biggrin.png

Before ordering any di kit best get yourself a real HM Digital TDS-3 Handheld Meter With Carrying Case http://www.daqua.co.uk/testmeters.htm and check the tap water reading yourself. You will need one anyway as is an invaluable tool to have one separate to any built in one you may get with that hydro power thing

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of different ro/di on-demand type systems about.

To be honest I would not like to try carting any of them about as would be a pain in the **** especialy up/down steps in/out of a van etc. Also some due to the design and weight you would need 2 ppl lift it about.

I've just looked at the spec where they claim to produce 1200 litres at 180 ppm. I can gather that they are talking it will produce this amount until it the meter reads 180 ppm. Your more than likely to get around 600 litres at best at 180 ppm!!!

Unger Hydropower Di is no good for hard water areas as like doug says the resin will not last very long. Still if you only use it now and again you could just add the extra cost on the price of the job. If it was me I would need to add at least the cost of one 25kg bag of resin per job to make it worth my while /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back