Measuring In Sm

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by johnny bravo, May 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnny bravo

ill have to get the hang of this way of measuring peoples driveways. looks more professional when pricing.
    I have quoted a drive very weedy, 26ft - 50ft. whats this in sq m, itll give me a rough idea what competitive company would charge. CIMG0042 (640x480).jpg

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]Can work it out yourself here http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/feet-to-meters.htm[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I never measure up using a tape as no need to when you can just use a surveyors pace instead (your own legs) as with practise one pace should roughly be 1 metre[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=10.5pt]Practice by putting at tape on the floor then take one stride to see how far off it is from 1 metre. As you are 6'3 should not be too far out either then go measure your garden... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Welcome to the world of silly walks :Image13:[/SIZE]

3. johnny bravo

yes measure in yards then x it = sqm so my 26ft 50ft = 8m x 15m = 8x15 =120sq m x by price you want to charge ''''''''''''@ £2.50p, £3.50p per sq.m so 120x£2.50p =£ for clean

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep that's it....Now best learn the silly walk as my customers love it :Image13:

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or you can forget all that malarkey and just give a price out of your head instead....

6. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

add a bit for that nice oil patch in the picture too.

7. johnny bravo

what would be my best way of removing the stain. I know you cant get all stain out, I can advise to put new blocks in to area. I gave a price out of my head, £155 its alright as im still learning as I go. how is the best way to turbo without forgetting what you have done and not done on a large area. maybe a long piece of timber as a marker

8. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Try using some magnum force extra from clover chemicals for the oil (alkiline cleaner). I`m also a beginner to pressure washing, did a job like this and charged £2.50 per square metre (it wasn`t enough for me) but it`s what you want to earn.
    And maybe cos it`s new to me i was slow. i did 135m2 and it was a ball ache block paving.

Advertisement