Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking On Staff

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Murphy

Do you guys think I could double the work I do in a day if I took another person on who has been a window cleaner in the past?

Yeah you should but remember your be earning more then him so he may not have the dedication you show. Also a problem or worry I had was if it rained & we had to stop I still had to pay him. Maybe a good idea is to say maybe he/she gets 25% of every house you do. This gives them an insetive to work harder. Worth thinking about.

One man is 100%, two men is about 150-175% if that makes sense.

When me and my dad spilt up and went our own ways.

We was finishing earlier and doing more per day!

One mate said that they sped up when they had two ladders, one did front and other did backs. Not as quick though of one does tops and the other does bottoms.

One mate said that they sped up when they had two ladders, one did front and other did backs. Not as quick though of one does tops and the other does bottoms.
The only way we found it too work was separate houses.

Especially on WFP. By the time I was round the back, my dad had done half the front. Then he spent time getting round the back to find i had finished. In the end we split up.

Two ladders works better to be honest. As the tops only chap gets tired, well i did lol!

But then I used to love flicking water on his head /emoticons/biggrin.png

yh i was tops for a couple of years with a guy i worked for, in the whole time i worked there i saw him go up a ladder ONCE! i was still payed 70s a day but we was taking about 300, so he was getting 230 a day for just walking round the bottom windows with no ladder to carry, thats the way to do it!

thing with a works, is you will use more water and depending on the size of your tank, you end up going home at stupid times

Back