Messsy Here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by messsy, Mar 8, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. messsy

messsy Member

Hi ive joined the forum as it looks like a great place to harvest information and advice from experienced people.

Im at a loose end as my ex-boss decided to.... Well i dont work for him now so i am setting up on my own.

I have over 14 years experience using traditional methods but after working for my ex-boss i can see the future is with wfp systems.

Im due to get a van monday either an astra van or a belingo, i will know monday for sure.

I have funds rerady to set up but looking at a cheaper option for now.

My home TDS reading is 182 so im thinking RO with DI vessel in the van (no storage at home)

I supose im looking for a bit of input from members to maybe make some sugestions before i start purchasing items.

Main questions would be:
    Will i need DI vessel with TDS at 182
    Will i need an RO as well as a DI with TDS at 182
    Would i need a pump before the RO/DI? as ild have a shurflo 100psi after

Thanks to anyone that will help out or sugest things and glad to meet you all

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'll let more experienced wfp'ers answer ya questions mate but welcome to the forum the lads won't be far behind me with lots of good advice.

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Welcome to the forum.. 182 can be done using di vessels, but if you are using wfp mainly you will be using a lot of water, so an ro will be much more cost effective for producing pure water..

I don't use ro so can't answer the last!!

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Welcome to the forum Messsy

5. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to the forum,

You will only need a Booster pump before the RO membrane if your tap water pressure from main supply is low (below 25psi)

Although low pressure membranes will work as low as that they are rated at 80psi for best performance.

I run 2 inline at 60psi with no problems and with running 2 x 40 inch inline there is low waste water. maybe 5% waste if that, so if your on a meter this is the best way.

Your Tds reading is still classed as soft water so you can use a soft water valve and get a 50% Ro / 50% waste output on your RO. From 1 x 40 inch membrane.

Hard water valve would be 35% RO / 65% waste.

GO to Gardiner pole systems valves are sold there.

Hope that all makes sense...

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Greetings. Astra van is what I got. Only prob I have with it it's long & low so keep banging me heard on the boot when it's up. Ok if yer 5ft nothing.

7. messsy

messsy Member

Thanks all for comments im starting to get a more clear picture :D

This bit i got lost a little :/ if you could rephrase that it would help - dont forget i plan to filter straight from the tank in my van

What size tank have you got? a 250? any chance you could snap a picture of your setup so i can mainly see the tank position please. The astra van is my prefered van but it comes down to space

Looking forward to the help guys, may even offer you a free clean lol

8. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

If your filling the van with tap water and filtering str8 from the tank in the van, DI will be your only option. If your not using much water it will be ok cost wise, but the more water you produce the more resin costs will start to build up.

If you plan to get busy work wise with your tds of 183, RO will be the only option to keep water production costs down. Although the outlay will be higher to start with.

People who use DI will be able to help you more with set up of that in the van.

I use a static RO only as it comes out at 000- 001 from my tds of 090 and is filtered str8 into the van at night (i just use a 10 inch DI vessel) which gets refilled about NEVER.

9. OoO

OoO Guest

I have a small van as well, (vaux combo)

My main advice is avoid the astra van and get the berlingo.

Its a nightmare working from a small van some times, god only knows what it must be like from an astra van!

Posh?

10. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum messsy

Advertisement