Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What length pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

K

kahoona

Hi all,

I'm not sure if its even possible to answer this question from a photo but who knows maybe one of you experienced WFPers can help.

I'm looking a purchasing a pole and want one that will reach the dormers and possibly the velux on the attached. will a 25' do or should i be looking at 30' plus?

cheers

View attachment 2586

thanks koopmaster I guess if I go for a 25 and i can always buy an extension piece if i need too.

I disagree on a 25' pole, I'd say at least a 35' SLX to reach that Velux. How much does the porch come out as that could mean an even longer pole. I have similar properties with a Velux in the same place and my 35' is totally extended.

Agreed Tuffers, the Velux looks well set back I would think 35'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd still say 35'. That point on the porch looks like it could catch your pole if it weren't long enough. You don't want to be stretching and I think a 35' would do it comfortably. What pole have you got now? If you have an every day pole atm, I'd buy a 35' to go with it, as it will come in handy for jobs just like that anyway.

My opinion though, others may disagree.

Would agree with Tuffers. Did a velux similar to this today and with the angle from ground level, 25' came up short. Had to switch to a 35'

100% slx35 I get everything with this pole and it will reach these windows perfectly as you will have to stand back to get them mate

Yeah, the 25 should just about do the dorma's and thats not because of the height its how far away from the gutter they are, and no chance with the velux

I'd still say 35'. That point on the porch looks like it could catch your pole if it weren't long enough. You don't want to be stretching and I think a 35' would do it comfortably. What pole have you got now? If you have an every day pole atm, I'd buy a 35' to go with it, as it will come in handy for jobs just like that anyway.
My opinion though, others may disagree.
Use the 35 as an everyday pole tuffers what's wrong with ya /emoticons/wink.png

Honestly keir I use it everyday and I only way 13 stone mate it ain't that heavy

Good effort, when i use my 25 all day its not the weight that i notice, its the diameter of the base section. Its a bit bigger and my forearms can feel the difference because my grip changes. But more than owt, its the collapsed length that limits my usage its just that bit longer, so in tighter areas its a bit frustrating.

Its nowhere near as bad since i started using the swivel neck because you can side step the window

I used my 25 every day as my main pole but admittedly there were a few jobs I struggled with purely because of the size.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

From the photo, I think I could clean the dormas with my SLX30, but not so sure about the velux. The angle to get to it may be a bit much for my SLX30, so maybe the 35 as others have suggested.

Back