Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Micro Fibre cloths and dust

mrtaytay

Evening all

I am getting increasingly frustrated with micro fibre cloths. I have been finding, when detailing with the cloths, that they appear to leave a dusty residue....most noticable when the sun is shining directly onto the window. Does anyone else notice this. Does the same occur with scrim?

I agree, they were touted as the new best thing but as you say, in the sun you can see lots of very small fine bits. Scrim leaves bigger bits but not as many. I use both, microfibre for leaded and georgian, scrim for everything else. Although now I'm using wfp more I'm not using either scrim or micro as much. The not being able to get perfect results traditional was probably my biggest motivator in changing to wfp. Over 20 years trad though, I feel your frustration...go rip apart a scrim or burn a micro, you'll feel better (08

Buy a really good microfibre - the Vikan smooth grey ones are superb. Very little fibre shed /emoticons/wink.png

I bought some from paragon. Window micros blue 40cm x 40cm. There brilliant. Use em one day take it in dry it and use it next day. Use em more then the scrim now. £13 for 10 inc p&p. Worth trying.

had the same problem

I think it is how you wash and dry them

i used to wash my microfibre and sill cloths together (sill cloths/old t-towels)

when i wash them seperatly it helps alot

not sure if the tumble dryer can cause problems if you dry microfibre & sill cloths together.

be interested if any one else has noticed this

Back