Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

painting van flooring

johnny bravo

well ive decided to paint the van body flooring tomorrow with bitumen paint,£17 5 litres.

recomended for metals , corrosive materials, .

anyone used bitumen .

black

I've used underseal paint before for underbody work but never tried that sort of thing for the inside of a van floor before.

I'm sure someone on here has recently and if I recall correctly was @tench0771

Wonder if you could use flexicryll/evercryll type stuff? I've used it to patch up flat roofs before.

ive used under seal on the inside it wrks very well takes ages to dry tho an stinks to high heaven at first lol it also can go soft in extreme heat as long as u bord it out on the flore with ply an put small sections of carpet u will b fine u only need 9 small squares an its bang on

reviews on wickes site, used for painting and waterproofing, oderlous when dried, ok as long as you dont use to walk on, just put ply wood back on. a lot cheaper than protecta kote

That's seems a bit pointless if you need to have heavy kit in the van then like a water tank and other kit to load in/out like a pressure washer etc :rolleyes:

reviews on wickes site, used for painting and waterproofing, oderlous when dried, ok as long as you dont use to walk on, just put ply wood back on. a lot cheaper than protecta kote

its not recomended to paint on areas used to walk on all the time, like paths etc. its main use is to cover the van floor to stop any rust forming in areas where water may stay. the water you cant see. ill just coat the plylined floor sheet with waterproof paint or varnish. easier to put gear on a wooden base, easier to move around.

My Van is fully ply lined and in good condition so I just painted the ply with two coats of blue protektacote . I barely get any leaks but if so i mop them up quickly. I like the ply to screw bits into.

Back