Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duncs

hi guys

Whats your thoughts on first cleans, how much extra do you charge.

Nothing worse going to a first clean, windows really bad clean them twice and your water

is then stinking plus your aplicator. Its all time at the end of day, I find if they are young with familys

sometimes they will only get them cleaned two or three times or maybe bad payers so I way it up

normally ask double whats your thoughts

Duncs

One-off and first cleans are generally filthy so I will charge double if not more as takes much longer to clean properly. I will also offer to deep clean upvc frames and sills too at extra cost if cream or solvent upvc cleaners are required. If not then they will get a quick wash/wipe over instead.

well i always say to customers my terms are a min 3 cleans as isnt that what they say wfp cleaning needs. so i just say 3 times the price of a normal clean. if its a ten quid home i charge them £30. some moan but remember there filthy and some take twice as long as normal once you got the hairs and *** ash that some frames seem to attract out.

If they are going to be a regular customer then I charge 1 and a half what it'll normally be, if it's a one off then I charge double or more depending how bad they are

I done a first clean on saturday, I was going to do it wfp until I seen windows had a few sticker marks and paint splashes.. Was only 6 small windows and double doors, was like an appartment. Got up the ladder, soaped, scraped, soaped, wipe frames, blade.. £20 only took 30mins..

First cleans I always say "I'll do a special deal and charge you the normal monthly rate". You want to keep them after all! Then I'll get the Tecbuk boars hair out and rip that dirt away :wink:. I can't understand this double pricing malarky. It's not as though it's going to take much longer is it?

I did a first clean on Saturday. I priced it at £20, took just over 20 minutes with the boars hair an the lady said is £20 enough. Next time it'll be £20 and about 17 minutes. No way could I have charged her £40. he's happy and so am I.

the main thing tuffers you got your price right on your first visit as well,so if it took you an extra 10mins it was covered with your price

You can charge what you like as there is no right or wrong way as you are the boss :laugh:

i never charge more for first cleans, it might take you a bit longer the first time but thats how you get/keep customers. even filthy frames/windows will only take an extra 10mins to clean the first time round

I dont really change extra, only here and there when they are really bad but in general most of the customers want it done monthly so I do a good first job and the rest will be easy.

if i set a price i stick to it. so if its ten quid no matter how dirty ill do it for a tenner. i did charge a customers for the use of ecover once and told them it was an add-on service and would cost £1.00 more and she went with it and said heres £2.00 for your troubles. bought me a new bottle of ecover that did lol

Sorted...nice one :biggrin:

I charged double and a bit today for a one off.. Was handy as it was just beside my sons school so done it when doing school run

I knew a chap who did them free the first time. Well, I wouldn't do that. I did one yesterday, £20, they were really bad, took me an hour and ten minutes, but I know it'll only take about 40 minutes from now on. The thing is, when I'm asked to clean the windows, I always make it clear that it is a regular thing, so it's worth putting some time in to get them upto standard. If they don't want regular and just a one off, I try to get out of that.

i try to not have one offs, i find with my facebook ads some people say i only want them done 3 times a year. i said what bout i do them every 12 weeks for you instead. at XXX amount as it would work out cheaper. but most say nahhh i wont bother, they dont do the maths, we both gain in the end.

I also do not charge on 1st cleans but have noticed 90% of the time they see them & give me xtra anyway lol. Saying that I did price a house up today & added a tenner on for the first clean but only beacause they were covered & I mean covered In birds man utd. I also make it clear that its regular. So far so good.

It really depends on the size of the house for me if it takes ages charge more if it doesn't take that much longer as a normal house I just charge two quid extra don't wanna rip the **** out of anyone.

I also do not charge on 1st cleans but have noticed 90% of the time they see them & give me xtra anyway lol.
Same here Posh, I do charge more if they're seriously dirty cos I've found they're the ones that mess you about after 2 cleans but most I don't/

Back