Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside windows.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

David Mead

Sorry to ask such a basic question but I can't seem to find a answer. When doing inside windows do you just clean them like you would outside with a applicator and squeegee etc or do you just use a "pro window cleaning spray on solution". Sorry for such a basic question but it's one that I don't know answer too.

Thank you 

I use applicator and squeegee (liquidator with fliq pad as i don't like to use a bucket on a belt)

Normal soap and water solution but in a spray bottle to avoid dripping applicator all over customers house

Quick spray on the window and clean as normal

Oh ok thank you for the help! I've only just started up my buisness and have been asked to do inside windows and I wasn't sure what best idea was. Thank you 

I also use the same tools as outside, but wring the applicator almost dry into the bucket and carry it of a boab to minimise spill.

For larger commercial indoor I use a bit more water and a mop to clean the water on the floors.

I always carry a bag full of cloth with me as indoors needs more drying off and thus you go through a lot of them.

An unger indoor cleaning kit helps out with the tough to reach windows, or those that are only slightly dirty.

Sorry to ask such a basic question but I can't seem to find a answer. When doing inside windows do you just clean them like you would outside with a applicator and squeegee etc or do you just use a "pro window cleaning spray on solution". Sorry for such a basic question but it's one that I don't know answer too.

Thank you 
You might find that cleaning with a spray is better for insides as you won't have water running down onto sill or floor.

You might find that cleaning with a spray is better for insides as you won't have water running down onto sill or floor.
As per other replies with spray bottle. 

One tip..always ask customer to clear window sills.  This saves time and eliminates the risk of dropping or breaking anything.

What are the going rates for inside domestics, is asking 50% more than outsides reasonable?

I would consider that reasonable, depends on the circumstances, if the custy is in and asks me while I’m there and is willing to clear sills and stuff for me I’ll just charge the same as outsides. But if I have to make an appointment and go out of my way it’s 1.5-2x

Back