Microfibre Cloths

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by johnny bravo, Sep 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnny bravo

does anyone use these cloths bought locally from a shop. im going to give them a go, but would like to try one first, any hints. have you started using them, what are the results. rinsing scrimms out is knackering my skin on my hands. theres so many advertised, ebay- amazon, they all do the same thing. there seems some good 40 / 40 sized ones around.

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Don't use scrims any more since I found microsuede cloths.

3. johnny bravo

do you use these as you would scrim. what size and price to pay. they will be softer on your hands also. how nice. softer hands for the missus. lol

4. Masons

Masons Guru

Always hated microfibres, always use scrims... I've enever had to ring one out, never had one get really wet during a day. Never use more than one really.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Yes the same as a scrim, I pay £5 for a 30x30 one from our local window cleaning supplies guy.

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Theres the major difference really I use micros cos I prefer them but get through loads. Got one of the new Unger ones with the scrubber pockets in the corners but don't really like that although its mint for sills etc.

7. mark m

mark m Hero

I once used unger microfiber cloths then I brought some from Lee Burbidge which I thought were good but a couple of weeks ago Belfast sent me microfiber cloths they are called fishscales they are by far the best I have used

8. nwcs

nwcs Forum Addict

and im sure it was a fee bee like mine dodger lol

9. norm

norm Grand Master

micro fiber cloths I think most people would agree soak up and hold more water than scrim generally. Some people love them some people love scrim more.
    I like using micro fiber for wiping my frames, lead windows and :Image4: sills, like using scrim for detailing.
    Bit like ecover v original fairy or whatever else window cleaners like to use its down to personal choice I think

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

and im sure it was a fee bee like mine dodger lol
    yup

Advertisement