Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2:30am, I'm sleeping like the dead, when the phone starts ringing..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Guido Possum

I groan, lift my head and check the screen as my woman flips to face me and growls "You can shut that f $#@in' sh*# up right now!", so I look at my phone to see who'd be inconsiderate enough to be ringing at that time of the morning.

Gary - my area supervisor.

I slide the red slider, the phone goes quiet and I put my head back down to sleep. Everything's nice and quiet again.

Moments later, a text *BUH-BING!*

The woman starts spitting at me to turn it off or go outside

"Can you go to Springwood this morning?", the text reads.

I toss the phone on the floor.

It starts ringing again so this time I answer it in a whisper, "Gary, what?"

"Hi Jason can you do the IGA today mate Tony's sick"

"Nah, yeah, naaah not really."

"Can you go then?"

"Dood I just woke up. By the time I get there it'll be open already"

"Okay no worries.. I'll get someone else"

"Yeah alright, alright seeya"

"So you'll go?"

"Huh?"

"When you reckon you'll be there"

"I dunno"

"Cool good good look I'll tell the IGA you'll be there soon"

"Is not possible for me to be there soon: Ijust woke up and I'm 40 minutes away"

"Okay man just do your best okay."

I slide the red slider again, put the phone down and go back to sleep, only to be pulled back out of my blissful slumber an hour and a half later.

*BRING-RIIIING! BRING BRI-I-I-N-G*

"FOR F$#%S SAKE!", she says. I can FEEL her eyes boring into me even in the dark.

Sorry Babe I'll tell him no and turn it off this time.

"How's it going, you on your way?"

"No."

"Okay okay just try and get there as soon as you can. I'll send one of our area supervisors over to give you a hand, what time should I tell him you'll be there".

"About 7:00am I suppose"

And so starts my one day off this week.

I'm seriously thinking about telling them to either bin the other guy and give me his days or find someone else to fill in every few weeks when he wants to chuck a sicky

THE most annoying thing is this lazy ****** will be feeling perfectly healthy again as soon as tomorrow - because Saturday & Sunday are weekend rates.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have told him to get ******. Sod being disturbed by someone at that time of night when it's your day off. I'd switch your phone to silent at night time in future mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I never bothered with my phone's DND setting before, because no mofo's ever rung at that time of the morning before.

Thanks to him, I've taken the time and not only have it set to block everything except morning alarms, I've got it scheduled to block from 5pm to 7am every day of the week.

Oh of course my woman and mother are on the exception list too, though my mother wouldn't ring at inconsiderate times like that and my Babe's with me from 1700-0700 every day anyway.

So there'll be no more of that s*%# again from anyone work-related from now on - period. :thumbsup:

The only time I would except a phone call at that time would be if some one is in need of real help/sick or dying.

Or a big breasted blond /emoticons/tongue.png

I wouldn't have answered it and turned it off.

Where I used to work the various bosses would ring quite often trying to get shifts covered. I never used to answer work calls ever. If I'm not at work I'm not interesed.

Back