Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone heard of "safe contractor"

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lewis

Been asked to give a quote on a service station but the company asking have to me I need to be a member of safe contractor.

Anyone else part of this

just tell him window cleaners dont feature in that category, tell him you have full PLI.

AND SUPPLY HIM WITH A RISK ASSESMENT .

I DONT KNOW IF WE CAN GET SAFE CONTRACTOR CERT. ?

Yeah going through the application process myself now and it's a bit of a nightmare if like me you don't have all the relevant RA'S and MS' etc too hand.

Yeah going through the application process myself now and it's a bit of a nightmare if like me you don't have all the relevant RA'S and MS' etc too hand.
Correct I just finished mine and sent it off this evening. Do you think you'll get more work from it?

I'm having to do this because of a contract I've taken on, been accredited before and didn't get any more work from it though. I think it's an expensive waste of my precious time to be honest mate.

I was thinking about becoming a member it's only good for showing people you are health and safety compliant it can win you work but for some people it won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have safe contractor as I do a lot of commercial having it can never be a bad thing.

It can give you an upper hand when competing for work but their are still a lot of businesses that don't know about it.I don't think you will get job's just by having it.

Back