Microlite standoff

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by kahoona, Jul 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

Just arrived today, £50 off ebay (incl p&p) , looks a good bit of kit, can't wait to try it out tomorrow :)

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

That's a good deal for a microlite mate. You won't regret it. Are you using it for gutter work or just a regular stand off?

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

tghats realy cheep:thumbsup: as they r like £140 odd frm bps i think:rolleyes:

5. kahoona

cheers guys, Tolish I have a gutter job to do, but will keep on the van day to day, as i have a few houses on my round where this will come in handy.

6. kahoona

sorry guys I should clarify its a used one, not band new, I have given it a good look over and all looks good.

7. kahoona

just out of interest i'm thinking using it to give me safer reach to corners of window frames, as at the moment I'm struggling to reach these when positioning the ladder tops central just under the sill, I end up going up twice, once from each side, and sod all that putting the ladder top on the sill and reaching out from there :thumbsdown:

upload_2014-7-8_17-44-28.png

8. kahoona

a quick question, I was looking at getting a foot the ladder or ladder spurs, the foot looks good but I'm not sure how well it would cope with a swing to the side, spurs look much better for this, but then I'm not sure how good they would be to prevent ladder sliding out from under you, any one have any thoughts on this?

9. keir

keir Guru

Yeah stuff like this, you will wander how you managed or why you managed without it before.
    I would put it three rungs down so when the wheels are just below the sill you still have three rungs to go so reaching those two top corners will be easier and you will feel safe as houses :thumbsup: But squeeging the middle window might get awkward whilst finishing off, but i reckon the ladder will still be far enough away from the glass

10. keir

keir Guru

Do you not use spikes?

Advertisement