Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slightly Perplexing

chip

When I clean lately, all the windows slightly froth up, I first assumed that the custy had done them themselves in between, but as they all seem to do it......

Hasn't done this since I put ecover in, but haven't done that for yonks, only other thing I can think of, besides sabotage, is that I'm using a new hose, is it some kind of residue from that? Anyone else?

It can help shift algae a bit easier, and doesnt seem to affect the finish when dry. Only tiny amounts 2-5ml per 25l

I've had it happen occasionally, usually when my tank has run dry previously. I put it down to air in the water as the hose fills up again. The air had to go somewhere!

It certainly doesn't affect the finish.

funny as I was told not to use anykind of detergent through a wfp pump as cold shorten it's life. :rolleyes:

if i want to use detergent/chem i apply it to the brush or prespray using a pressure sprayer

When I clean lately, all the windows slightly froth up, I first assumed that the custy had done them themselves in between, but as they all seem to do it......

Hasn't done this since I put ecover in, but haven't done that for yonks, only other thing I can think of, besides sabotage, is that I'm using a new hose, is it some kind of residue from that? Anyone else?
Actual Chip,

I've noticed the same thing happening over the last couple of days to some windows and also thought that the customers must have cleaned them themselves. Nothing has changed with regard to my system, same pump, same hose, water through the same r/o with the same prefilters, no ecover; neither van tank or IBC tank has run dry. Must be something to do with the weather, but then it should be happening on all windows facing in the same direction, but it isn't.

Back