Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Tax Credit And Being A Windie!

mufcglen

just wondered are we entitled to working tax credit as a windie and being self employed, somone told me were not as its not classed as a proper full time job when your starting out?

im only doing about 5-10 hours a week at mo as i only started a month or so ago but im doing plenty of hours posting leaflets out and being online trying to get my name out there?

you can get it if you do over so many hrs a week not sure how many i think it used to be 30. get on it, its very handy. when i started i was getting £200 every 4 weeks, if you have kids etc its more. tell em you just started so doing long hrs for low money, exagerate a bit - think like a politician-

i know a freind whos just started out , you must say you are working 30 hours a week, give them a yearly figure based on the hours and wage taking in now for your 10 hours

say £50 a week x by 52 = £2600 a rough intake of cash made for this years estimate p/t just starting out. the rest of hours canvassing, internet, etc. making it upto 30 hrs a week. you have a year to make what you can. dont forget your ni. contributions of i think £2+ a week. keep you above board. im sure you will have some papers to send showing £££££ made.

im sure someone on here will be more helpfull, about how to do your records to show them your accounts for this year when asked for.

you have to be working 24hrs a week min I think if married.This can include leaflets canvassing,physical window cleaning,books anything to do with your business.

You also have to give an estimate of what you will earn that year.

As Johnny Bravo says keep records of your time in case you have to produce evidence

Citizins advice should be able to help you mate

Back