Minimizing drips from top frame

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Gav, Jan 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I have found especially since I have had an aqua dapter I can minimize the dripping from top frame. I am sure many do this but for those that don't it works for me.

Once you have cleaned all frame stop water flow either with your tap or just kinck the hose, shake excess water off brush then run over top frame, shake water off and run over again down to where the frame meets window. Then rinse window as you normally would I find I do this on most windows now and often do this instead of doing all frames then going back to first window after it has stopped dripping. Not had any trouble or marks from doing this.

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

similar, i'd wash and rinse the window, turn off and brus sill, if sill's bad leave on and wash, maybe repeat turned off

3. James

James Guru

I've had enough of my aqua-dapter tbh, in the cold weather we've been getting here the top pipe gets so cold that when you pull it the pipe just disconnects from my pole, it's really annoying me lately, might just go back to the valve option.

James.

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Mine does that occasionally get a shower as it pops off! It would be easily fixed with a small clip but does not happen to me enough to be bothered.

5. James

James Guru

Hmm its happening to me more often now :( 'm not sure if I have the mark 1 edition or maybe 2. Do you think the mk3 would have been improved on this issue?

James.

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Maybe Aqua dapter is a moderator on here so you could pm him i am sure he would be willing to help.

7. James

James Guru

Cheers Gav.

8. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

Sorry I missed this, but James did pm me and we've discussed the cause and possible solutions. James' Aqua-dapter didn't come from us, and wasn't supplied with our hose, which is made not to pull out.

One solution you might like to try if it's happening to you Gav is a Tube Strengthening Insert. These are recommended when using hot water with the orange hose, but also provide a more secure fit with cold water.

The other thing to consider if it has happened a few times is whether the teeth in the push-fit have become damaged, so a new connector might help.

Our newest hose is stiffer so less likely to collapse in the push-fit too.

Paul

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Ok I am using orange hose not changed the length of loop so same as when first got it. I use cold water only and atm it is not that warm anyway so pretty cool temp. Happened to me twice last week then prob about once 3 weeks before. So not all the time.

10. James

James Guru

I'm looking into a new hose and 2 mk3 aqua-dapters on Saturday, hopefully they will do the trick.

Cheers, Paul & Gav.

James.

Advertisement