Minimum charge.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by RyanL, Jan 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. RyanL

RyanL Member

Hi,
    How many of you have a minimun charge? I priced up a job today, ground floor flat 5 double windows trad at my 8 quid minimum and the customer nearly fainted. In my area that's a good price and I've got a fair few with less glass that don't complain and some of the older folk even pay me a tenner and always say keep the change. The way I see it is if I don't have a lower limit then I'm undervaluing myself.

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

yeh I ve had enough of being used to clean :turd: off and then not get the regular call so my minimum is a tenner ..

a recent job estimate I cnba to get out of the car there was no where remotely near to park and it was a two front window mid terrace so maybe three window around the back....so its a tenner or I dont get out ..

to much to do at home...:D

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

£10 minimum for me too

4. RyanL

RyanL Member

Haha maybe I should up mine a bit! Saying that anything over ground floor and the price goes up anyway.

5. cheapncheerful

me I just like rounded figures...the funny thing is ...just as I am trying to get em all to a tenner....

along comes the fiveteen pound note.....honest..

6. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Ive been cleaning certain roads 15/16/17 years and have a very dense group of customers of those roads which have gone through several price increases, one such avenue has flats all with 5 window units, varrying in size as usual from small bathroom window to a 5 pane lounge unit with other windows as a two pane unit. I charge£4.50 for these but i have about three hours worth of work of these mixed with a few small houses.

If i started an exactly the same style flat elsewhere i would charge more as im likely to only get a couple to clean, but i will still change these fairly small prices on established spots as u go from flat to flat and the hourly rate is high.

I think minimum for a regular house is £10 for new areas for me, but in and amongst an established area with tiny houses i will change lower if im already doing neighbours at these lower prices. Its all relevant,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You will find a lot of what I call old school been doing it for years charge very little and in doing so have very compact rounds. These happen to be mostly trad only guys and is not unusual that they have ladders left around the area they work in ppl back gardens too

8. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Haha, sounds like me befoe i had a car :p

9. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Didn't have a minimum price until the I got stung by a couple of @@@@@ that moved away without paying ... There were quite clever , didn't see it coming .........social housing .if not in when cleaned I call when I see the lights on . Might be a pain in the neck but better than a loss .... Forgot to say £10 min now. Don't want them done at that price well Ill find custies that will !!!!!!

10. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Cant remember the amount of times ive just never been paid, part and parcle of an evolving round

Advertisement