Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Miserable people making a point…

BigFoot

Got blocked by a grumpy retiree since I was parked in his preferred spot.
there were Plenty of other places out of site but I guess he wanted to make a point.
hope I never become that petty. Quiet proud of myself for not responding ?
anyone els have this sort of thing happen?

Attachments

• C2EB4411-D7C9-47D6-9834-7242CC5F04C9.jpeg
    C2EB4411-D7C9-47D6-9834-7242CC5F04C9.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 65
If it's free for all parking then they just have to lump it, I've had to ask someone not park right up against my rear van doors before as I was about to start work but some on this estate are just plain stupid and lazy they get parking spaces but park on the road one house has a double garage and parking for 4 cars yet her and her husband park on the road they sat for 5 minutes in the car one day whilst I was having a break because they thought I'd be moving off when I started cleaning my first job I spotted them behind me lugging their grocery shopping to the house instead of driving around the corner into the rear courtyard and parking outside one of their garages :rolleyes:

Rock up to a clean and park outside, 2 wheels on the pavement. No car parked across the road, so plenty of access for cars passing on the road. Next minute a car's hooter is blasting off. I come from around the back to check out the commotion, and see that the neighbour across the road has come back. He parked his car across the road so nobody can get through, as the gap between my van and his car is too small. Funny how the driver trying to get through yells and screams at me for being stupid and inconsiderate.

Then there was the guy who deliberately parked on my hose and quickly tried to disappear inside his house. When I called him, he said he would move his car when he was ready and then went inside. I could see this wasn't going to end well. I got the jack out of my van, slide under his car and jacked his suspension up enough to release my hose. We had just about packed away when he came out, threatening us with damaging his vehicle. We just drove off, and each clean afterwards made sure we parked so our hoses weren't vulnerable to his antics again.

Rock up to a clean and park outside, 2 wheels on the pavement. No car parked across the road, so plenty of access for cars passing on the road. Next minute a car's hooter is blasting off. I come from around the back to check out the commotion, and see that the neighbour across the road has come back. He parked his car across the road so nobody can get through, as the gap between my van and his car is too small. Funny how the driver trying to get through yells and screams at me for being stupid and inconsiderate.

Then there was the guy who deliberately parked on my hose and quickly tried to disappear inside his house. When I called him, he said he would move his car when he was ready and then went inside. I could see this wasn't going to end well. I got the jack out of my van, slide under his car and jacked his suspension up enough to release my hose. We had just about packed away when he came out, threatening us with damaging his vehicle. We just drove off, and each clean afterwards made sure we parked so our hoses weren't vulnerable to his antics again.
One of the guys that works for me is 25 stone and used to do a lot of weight training and has arms like my legs we had a car park on the hose , the woman refused to move it saying the road was for cars not our hoses and we shouldn’t have them on the road , so we lifted the rear of the car off the hose and put the rear of the car into the road ???? no idea what happened after that as we drove off rather quickly ????

One of the guys that works for me is 25 stone and used to do a lot of weight training and has arms like my legs we had a car park on the hose , the woman refused to move it saying the road was for cars not our hoses and we shouldn’t have them on the road , so we lifted the rear of the car off the hose and put the rear of the car into the road ???? no idea what happened after that as we drove off rather quickly ????
I wonder what the law is regarding laying hose over a road? Must be illegal.

I had bus toot me as he didn’t like my parking, even though there was plenty of room. I went and looked before waving him through, which he does with no issue. I get back on the glass when I realise he’s pulled up behind me. I turn around and he’s yelling all sorts. I didn’t catch much of it but started laughing (I find it’s the best thing to do in these situations). He shouts ‘I don’t know why your laughing…you need better glasses if you think that parking is ok.’
To which I retort, ‘Come on mate, you could get a bus through there!’
This made me laugh even harder because I’m obviously hilarious and should be a standup. He drove off in a huff and I was chuckling about it for hours afterwards ??

I'd never park somewhere that would mean someone couldn't pass safely, or on a bend where it could be a hazard for other drivers. If I'm struggling to park somewhere and notice someone has a big drive where me parking a couple of foot over isn't going to hinder that person getting either in or out then I will do that. And when I say a big drive I mean 2 cars comfortably being able to sit side by side. Me being a couple of foot over isn't hindering them in anyway from getting in or out. Only had one occasion when a guy came out going mental.

I told him in no uncertain terms to get back into his house and never come out talking to me in that manner again or there will be a problem. I wouldn't let my mum speak to me like that never mind some stranger. There's ways of speaking to people, and that's certainly not it.

I think some would say its a hazard. If it gets dragged up by a vehicles wheel or a bicycle and causes damage then a lawyer would argue we have created a hazard across a roadway. When we run hose a long a pavement then we are meant to put out warning cones. We will find out after a test case goes to court.

I think some would say its a hazard. If it gets dragged up by a vehicles wheel or a bicycle and causes damage then a lawyer would argue we have created a hazard across a roadway. When we run hose a long a pavement then we are meant to put out warning cones. We will find out after a test case goes to court.
There's a window cleaner on my road that has the hose along the pavement, a very narrow busy pavement on a busy road, he does about 10 terraced houses in a row. He has the hose running the whole length of those 10 houses, I've even seen it where the hose is nearly overlapping the kerb, the road is a tight road and very busy so the cars often scuff the kerb and are often speeding, just an accident waiting to happen, doesn't bare thinking about if that hose got caught up in a wheel, all the people about walking dogs, pushing prams etc. No safety signs, just cracks on whilst people are walking on the pavement with cars flying past.

It's that narrow and dangerous that somebody last week had a cars wingmirror bash their elbow as it flew by.

I don't understand why some can't see the dangers. Was it DavyG who said not so long ago that whoever they were working with moved the van and it had got caught on the hose and ripped the pole out of their hand?

There's a window cleaner on my road that has the hose along the pavement, a very narrow busy pavement on a busy road, he does about 10 terraced houses in a row. He has the hose running the whole length of those 10 houses, I've even seen it where the hose is nearly overlapping the kerb, the road is a tight road and very busy so the cars often scuff the kerb and are often speeding, just an accident waiting to happen, doesn't bare thinking about if that hose got caught up in a wheel, all the people about walking dogs, pushing prams etc. No safety signs, just cracks on whilst people are walking on the pavement with cars flying past.

It's that narrow and dangerous that somebody last week had a cars wingmirror bash their elbow as it flew by.

I don't understand why some can't see the dangers. Was it DavyG who said not so long ago that whoever they were working with moved the van and it had got caught on the hose and ripped the pole out of their hand?
When I do a loaf of terraced houses I like to run the pipe as close to the houses as possible in a straightest line as possible to avoid any trip hazard. Also keep an eye on people at all times.

If someone trips over the hose and there isn't any cones laid out then expect a lawyers letter in the post. One has to defend it, can't just ignore it. Remember, where there's blame there's a claim, no win no fee makes it easy for anyone to begin a claim now.

When I do a loaf of terraced houses I like to run the pipe as close to the houses as possible in a straightest line as possible to avoid any trip hazard. Also keep an eye on people at all times.
That's what I would do, this window cleaner doesn't bother though, the hose is in the middle of the pavement at best and I've watched him go round the back dragging the hose without looking where the hose is going on the pavement, doesn't even look to see if anyone is on the pavement.

That hose could go anywhere, trip someone up, get caught with a HGV towing a trailer (lots of them go up and down here), the consequences of that hose being pulled tight by a HGV doesn't bare thinking about, eventually it would snap but the damage it could do before snapping...

This is a Civil matter not a legal matter

No one in their right mind would run a hose across a busy road, a quiet estate road no issue at all as drivers should be tootling along at 10mph watching out for pedestrians etc as for the pavement if someone can't see a brightly coloured hose on a footpath then they must be blind I had an old guy with a white stick and very limited vision see and step over my hose without issue I asked if he would like me to move the hose but he said it was totally fine.

If a driver drives like an idiot through a quiet estate and catches and wraps the hose he or she would be more to blame as they wouldn't have been paying due care and attention too many these days driving too fast usually parents who should no better but are usually late getting the kids to school when there is kids about and people walking their dogs etc.

No one in their right mind would run a hose across a busy road, a quiet estate road no issue at all as drivers should be tootling along at 10mph watching out for pedestrians etc as for the pavement if someone can't see a brightly coloured hose on a footpath then they must be blind I had an old guy with a white stick and very limited vision see and step over my hose without issue I asked if he would like me to move the hose but he said it was totally fine.

If a driver drives like an idiot through a quiet estate and catches and wraps the hose he or she would be more to blame as they wouldn't have been paying due care and attention too many these days driving too fast usually parents who should no better but are usually late getting the kids to school when there is kids about and people walking their dogs etc.
I get your point but I doubt a lawyer would. You lay a hose across a road when the safe thing to do is clean one side and move van to other side and clean that side. One lays across road to save time and make more money thus creating a hazard a lawyer would say in the writ.

Back