Mistaken pole identity ????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by jimmyboots, Dec 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

2 weeks ago I decided to buy a Phoenix 'X' 22 pole. I have a SLX 22 but liked the look of the phoenix.
    Anyway I order the pole, it comes. Looks lovely with their new red lightweight brush. I set it up with an AquaTap and off to work I go.
    After an hour I think this is not as good as the SLX, its bending like a Beckam free kick so gutted, I switch back to SLX.
    Monday I try again with it but its just not as firm as the SLX.
    After some thought on this I wondered if I had actually got the pole that I ordered or was it inferior?
    Today I phoned WCW and questioned them about the pole that they sent me, and it turns out that I have been sent the Hybrid pole and not the 'X' That I had payed for.
    After going mad at them they are sending out an exchange tomorrow.
    If it wasn't for the fact that I had already got a pole the quality of an SLX I wouldn't have known this and would have had an inferior pole at a dear price.
    Mistake ? I don't know but I told them that if they are sending out poles that look alike to customers then they should be checking them properly before hand.

For your information, if you order a Facelift Phoenix pole, the Hybrid has blue ends where they come out of the clamps, and the carbon 'X' has silver ends'

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Everyone makes mistakes. Mine has the blue ends. I don't find it bends that much but if its not the one you ordered then yer entitled to the one you ordered. Good of them to send out a replacement straight away but take yer point of checking.

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Wcw are pretty damn good so let's hope it was just a hiccup this time.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

WCW once sent me the wrong sized wagtail squeegee . i queried it more than once but they ignored me
    this led me to buying from other suppliers

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Oh I always had a good experience with them.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

well u cant please em all! and thats so very true in this trade, you can do a lovely job on the windows but if ur face doesnt fit u will be on your bike .

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Very true

8. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I have alway had a good experience with wcw. The thing is everyone makes mistakes and if wcw do they tend to fix them asap.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Window Cleaning Forums, powered by appyet.com

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Did it have an 'x' on the pole sticker?

Advertisement