mixed feelings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by steve garwood, Feb 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I've come into a lot of money today as my worker who is also one of my best mates inherited a lump sum and has bought the round that he does for me.

This is something we agreed on 11 years ago when he first started working for me. He has also bought my second van and equipment

I relieved that a bit of pressure has been taken away as the round that I do is every six weeks, but its taking me nearly seven and that's with a youngster with me.

Anyway, as much as I'm pleased for Danny, and pleased with the substantial wedge that's in my account, I feel a bit torn. It took me over ten years to build two 6weekly rounds of proper work (no stopping the vans for one house etc), so I feel I've let my baby go.

Anyway thought id post it as id like to hear your views

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Enjoy it mate. nothing to stop you doing it all over again, and it'll be a lot easier this time round if you wanted to.

3. steve garwood

No chance! My mortgage ends in August plus I'm 50 this year, plus I carry a bit of timber now. The thought of building that lot up again would kill me
    I'm friendly with another windie who works the same areas as me, so any excess work I pick up now, he is buying off me.
    I'm trying to slow down, but busy beyond beleif

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

The more we try to chill the busier we get. Cest la vie

5. TolishAPurd

In that case, like i said mate,enjoy it, you've earnt it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Things happen for a reason Steve. You're knocking on :p, mortgage nearly paid, you've got a decent wedge and lost a bit of stress. Win win.

I'm in the same kind of boat, we're thinking of downsizing our house and moving to the country. I keep picking up new work but to be honest I won't need anywhere near as much work if we move. I'm an old fart like you :D

7. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Good news Steve
    Let's face it a window round is not tangible
    You could have a bad turn of events and it dissolves to nothing
    Cash in while on top and relax a bit
    I would like to do that but in very different circumstances with young family etc

8. steve garwood

How very dare you! Lol. Yeh the mrs and myself are talking about downsizing. I had a decorater in last week doing up a bedroom that none of us ever walk in!!

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

10. steve garwood

I'm not moving to the sticks,I'd miss my local pub to much. were looking at staying in our road!

Advertisement