Mixing white vinegar in Pure when WFPing

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shiny Dan, Sep 11, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shiny Dan

Shiny Dan Member

Was talking to a bloke at a local cleaning shop wher I buy equipment yesterday and he told me he uses a cap full of white vinegar mixed in with a 25ltr drum of pure when WFPing and his customers are loving the results.

Just wondered if anyone else had ever heard of this and what you thought of the idea?

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

What noticable improvment has the customer seen by using white vinegar in 0ppm pure? I use Vision additive in my pure water at a slightly higher level than it says and tbf I can't see how glass will shine anymore than I have it doing already.

3. Shiny Dan

Shiny Dan Member

Customers saying that their windows have a brighter shine. I've heard of guys mixing vinegar in when trad (I do as well).

To be honest Trev81 I'm asking because I wasn't sure that it was worth the bother. The vinegar must be so dilute in 25 litres of water I can't see it impacting the finish to in which case i'd rather keep the money in my pocket.

4. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

would need a lot in 25 litres. quarter bottle in trad bucket works.

5. Shiny Dan

Shiny Dan Member

That's what I thought when the bloke told me a capfull. Probably just custies perception rather than actual imporved quality in finish but thought I might give it a go on my own windows at the weekend.

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Probably psychological mate

7. TolishAPurd

Thats a drop in the ocean, I put more than that in my half full trad bucket.

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I have heard it said that it helps with hydrophobic glass but never tried it and I know the shine is way way better using it trad I tested Windows side by side for more or less a whole summer so ya never know. I might try it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Prefer the smell of Vision in my tank anyday, and yes would be very costly adding vinegar to a 650L tank each time, 10ml of vision each time does me happy days! My tip to any of you wfp guys is to overdose slightly on Vision and the shine is spot on ;)

10. simon

simon Guru

when i started with vision i used exact or slightly more than recomended & had to use twice as much water to rinse all the dirt off, did a 1st clean that was a nightmare, i under dose bit now & its great

Advertisement