Mobile or landline?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Luke Barnard, Jun 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Luke Barnard

Luke Barnard Active Member

I had my landline disconnected a few years before starting up as a window cleaner simply because I didn't want to pay line rental on something I didn't use..
    ..been window cleaning 9 months now using just a mobile number/email/website...
    Do you guys think I maybe missing out on some of the more mature potential customers who still won't phone a mobile number???
    If you have both, which gets more calls???

Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Mobile all the way - there not gonna expect you to be sat at home - most people text nowadays anyway - if there old fashioned they prob want vinegar and newspaper method!!

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

if they want you, REALLY want you theyll call whatever your number is - even if its a premium rate number . i might even consider gettin one of these .
    iv only had a mobile since i started and have never had anyone mention or hint that they wish id had a landline

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

my landline reroutes all calls to mob number its cheap enough with sky

5. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

I think peter rogers has it spot on. A landline might add an element of trust? And you could always get it to automatically divert to your mobile? Even if it only makes a difference with a couple of customers, they all count :)

6. nick666

nick666 Member

#6 nick666, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    I have had several customers say the reason they dealt with me is because of my landline and name and address on my leaflets.The calls I recieve on it dont justify expense-the credibility does.Shame its such a stitch up pricewise -about £120 a year
    Might be worth giving your just your address if cost is an issue.I would never do business with a strangerfor more than a few quid unless I had a way of getting hold of them in case of a screw up.Although customers wont say it-in the back of their mind they are thinking what happens if something goes wrong.

7. Luke Barnard

Luke Barnard Active Member

I guess one new customer pretty much covers the line rental cost...only I've got a draw full of leaflets and business cards already printed....van sign writing to change....website to change.... listings on yell and all the rest of it....is it worth cost/effort?

8. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yeah I would say landline would possibly be better as I am sure some are still a little unsure about calling a mobile or feel it does not look as professional.

I always used a mobile though as didn't want to give out my personal house number. Getting an extra line was not really an option as was not that cost effective.

9. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

Ive never used a landline, just mobile.

I like the rerouting to ur mobile when they ring your landline though.

10. TolishAPurd

I just use a mobile. I've had people call me up for jobs at 10:30pm in the past, I wasnt too happy about it, but it would piss me off even more if the landline had woken my kids up.

Advertisement