Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

concrete drive clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think if you catch them early the video you linked would work, but when the oils been sat for 2 years then no chance, but I always explain to the customer it will be more money to try and remove the oil and chances are it won't remove most of it anyway.

That raises an interesting question

Do you lads park your van/car on ppl drives sometimes?

Myself I try not to park on ppls driveways if I can help it as many have rasied concerns about oil leaks on either my van or other tradesmen. I don't have any oils leaks on this one but you never know so just saves all the agro I park on the road if I can safely.

Myself I try not to park on ppls driveways if I can help it as many have rasied concerns about oil leaks on either my van or other tradesmen. I don't have any oils leaks on this one but you never know so just saves all the agro I park on the road if I can safely.
I parked on rd I think he was worried about neihbours

Never park on the driveway unless its a big house and you have to, or are specifically asked to.

Both.../emoticons/biggrin.png

.. but fare play if you get that small job for 250 squid

Whos hot cheap me or the oil remover lol

90 squre metres I quoted 240 and id do a little walkway at front of house all agreed wants me to do a little test patch tues

Just a matter of interest what would you charge to remover an old oil stain roughly 1 square metre in size using qt8.

true it aint cheap smurf but you can charge top whack;)

Both.../emoticons/biggrin.png
.. but fare play if you get that small job for 250 squid
This drive hasnt got a drop of oil on It. Im on the south coast were moct people charge £3 sq metre so Iim a bit under price wot would you charge for job

hi smurf my first step is a small sample clean so as not to embarrass myself , i then explain that when the oil stain is removed that there will be a difference between the cleaned area and the non stained area so as to secure the cleaning of the rest of the drive , price wise a small stain is 80 plus the cost of the rest of the driveway

To be honest without seeing it would be hard to tell. Also a number of things like run off, drainage overspray, surrounding parked cars & other properties etc is factored into the price as well.

This drive hasnt got a drop of oil on It. Im on the south coast were moct people charge £3 sq metre so Iim a bit under price wot would you charge for job

lol i done a driveway last year this clown was clearing out his garage and he put loads paint tins in upside down lol so he washed all the spilt paint outta the back his trailer .. all over the drive then he drove thru it and down the street and back an forth wen i came it was a mess and paved drive . so he asked me to come out an i give a quote he said ok i did tester patch and it was ;eaving a stain .. showed the customer and told him i cold only do so much he asked what would i do and i got my brother out who is a builder and he turned the whole driveway for him so was like new

so was wondering is there anything i could of put down to take away the stain of white glosss paint

An odd blob or two you might have got out using a brick acid maybe but sounds like your brother had the best solution.

Maybe something like a doff might have worked

[media]

[/media]

Back