Mobile Printer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by SPCleaning, Mar 22, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I was thinking it would be good to have a Laptop/Netbook connected to a printer in my van so that I could just print a professional invoice on demand, fold it and pop it through the door.

I use 'George' and this works well for me. There is a 'Print Invoice' button so that would work.

So how do I power it and make it happen?

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I use printed invoices then just add customer details in pen, it helps if you have neat legible writing.

3. DanielT

DanielT Active Member

Find out the wattage of your printer. You may find a cheap inverter will power it

4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

How does an inverter work?

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

inverters can be very expensive in high street places like Halfords , but online on Ebay etc very cheap. think i got mine about £15 whereas same model in halfrauds was £40 . it runs a laptop

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

a fly lead from the inverter plugs in your *** lighter socket then the inverter has a 13 amp household socket on one side that you plug your appliance into

7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Thanks boarcity I will google inverters

8. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

So boarcity or anyone else who understands these things, it appears that the laptop is about 90 watts and an Inkjet printer would be about 50 watts. Therefore if I got a 300 watt inverter I should be covered.

Can you leave it plugged in as you drive? So if I went out in the morning the printer and Laptop would be ready to go at each job?

As you can tell, I know little of these things. :)

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Get a wireless printer and then you can even do it through your phone with bluetooth and george

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If only carling made printers & laptops I'm thinking I could run a micro pub & brewrey in the back of me van too..... but would not to taste of poo like that carling shite :D.

Advertisement