Modern Window Cleaners, What Are They Made Off ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Whizz-Bizz, Aug 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

I think the modern window cleaner needs to be part scientist, part accountant, part labourer, and part sales what do you guys think ?

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

naa they just gotta be business minded :) lol

3. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

You wait until your round hits 800+ customers then youll understand the question

4. harunh

harunh Legend

I do undertand even with over 800 customers u just gotta be business minded

and u will mind:)

5. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

no, i think the modern window cleaner needs to be just like the traditional window cleaner, window cleaners are just that, window cleaners, and glass hasnt changed much in a while

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I agree, theres a lot more to it than just cleaning windows.

7. I think to be successful you need to have all of those attributes but I think like a few have said already need to take on qualities of the stereotypical old traditional window cleaner and be reliable and friendly! ;)

8. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

I think (for what its worth) there's two ways to look at this.

There will always be 2 types of window cleaner...... the one who works for himself, makes a good living and is happy with that. Gets a couple a hundred customers an then stops at the. This guy doesnt need to be anything more than the guys who have done this for years and years. Can do his round trad or WFP and just looks after himself.......

Then you've got the above mentioned 800+ customers type guy - this is a whole different business, cause then you get to be everything rolled into one.

The only difference is who has more ambition. Who wants it more and who will go get it.

I wish i could just be happy with the business i got, but im always looking for more.... I cant stop myself!! Even though i know..... more work = more hassly = less free time!!!

When i first set up we had little work but used to have 2 or 3 hols a year! Now we got more work etc...... and not going away this yr as i aint got the time!

Its a tough one!

9. Masons

Masons Guru

I think the modern window cleaner can be anything or anyone.

But the SUCCESSFUL modern window cleaner has to be accountant, labourer, campaigner and of course a business manager.

I am right.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

This is just a window cleaning business .... Its hard but even if u have over 800 customers u dont need all those skills... If u were running the coca cola company then u would need them :) a small business is a small business

Advertisement