Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman aluminium un-notched squeegee channels

DannyB

Hi everyone

Apart from 3 sizes of Moerman Liquidator channels, I've recently bought also two un-notched aluminium Moerman non-Liquidator channels: 6' and 12'.

The both aluminium channels came with no clips, and I consider using the channels on the same black and pale blue Moerman handles that are recommended also for the Liquidator channels.

Should I buy any clips for the two non-Liquidator channels?

Generally, I obviously know that some channels (apart from Moerman Liquidator also Unger Ninja at least) already come with their distinctive clips. But I am quite confused regarding all those channels that don't get automatically sold with any clips.

Do all such non-Liquidator and non-Ninja channels need to be completed with separately bought clips? Or do only some of them need such clips? Or possibly, can some of such channels get professionally used both with and without clips, depending on anyone's personal preference? And is there any easy way for a novice to tell, whether for a particular channel, the clips are necessary, desirable, or completely unnecessary?

Any help will be most appreciated.

No they are normal squeegees,

The only squeegees with clips are the liquidator and ninja,

You don't need any clips, it's only been the last two years that clips have come into the industry, there not needed, just there for those that want to do less detailing

No they are normal squeegees,
The only squeegees with clips are the liquidator and ninja,

You don't need any clips, it's only been the last two years that clips have come into the industry, there not needed, just there for those that want to do less detailing
Well, in Liquidator channels the clips are angular, and even to me it's obvious that no cutting and/or dogearing is necessary.

But do the clips generally work as an alternative to angular cutting and dogearing?

The clips were made just to help mate, there not essential, there are thousands of window cleansers that still use normal squeegees, like the ones your talking about,

If you want smaller Moerman channels then you can cut them down and stick the clips back on...

Dog earing normal channels still works very well, an many prefer there home made dog eared channels...

The clips were made just to help mate, there not essential, there are thousands of window cleansers that still use normal squeegees, like the ones your talking about,
If you want smaller Moerman channels then you can cut them down and stick the clips back on...

Dog earing normal channels still works very well, an many prefer there home made dog eared channels...
Thanks mate.

I dont think u can even buy any liquidator clips yet on there own? Anyone know otherwise?

You want to glue those clips on the liquidators or they might fall off and u end up losing the odd one and being as to my knowledge u cant replace just the clip yet you end up with just a regular channel.

Ive got a few liquidator channels all with clips missing :confused: as soon as the clips are available i will have a massive set /emoticons/tongue.png

I dont think u can even buy any liquidator clips yet on there own? Anyone know otherwise?
You want to glue those clips on the liquidators or they might fall off and u end up losing the odd one and being as to my knowledge u cant replace just the clip yet you end up with just a regular channel.

Ive got a few liquidator channels all with clips missing :confused: as soon as the clips are available i will have a massive set /emoticons/tongue.png
Check with your supplier Paul. Chris at WCR in the U.S. has just posted that He's received a 'large' bag full from Moerman...

Sorbo channels are with clips too metal and plastic, but only to hold the rubber they dont do any 'magic'

Back